Dreaded E1 Wont Go Away

Started by wstmann, October 06, 2012, 06:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wstmann

Ive had it in the past and usually the simple wiggle jiggle do the hokey pokey and that fixers it. 

However this time i cant get it to go away, the thing sat outsidde and uncovered while i was traveling for 4 months, so when i got home i plugged it up, E1, jiggle wiggle, and it works. 

Now, im attempting to smoke a boston butt for some guests tomorrow, and i cant get it to go away.

Ive cleaned the contacts in the generator and the smoker, ive tightened everything, made sure everything was connected and i cant get it to go away...

Thoughts?

wstmann

So over hte course of writing this thread, washing some dishes, and smoking a pipe..... it fixed itself...

I left it running and beeping, went out put my hand on it thinking of kicking it, and it was warm and not beeping!!!

What can be causing this kind of intermittent issue?  I used alchol to clean the connections, could it just be it took some time to evaporate? 

Bear1968

If I had to guess you have moisture someplace you shouldn't. If you are gonna leave the Ol' Gal Outside ya may wanna invest in a cover or find her a comfy dry place to rest.  :)
UBC Local 268

mikecorn.1

Click in the link below and look at the section for the digital models.

Digital Bradley Smokers Models
Also, here is a thread on my fix for the error  My fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

KyNola

The E1 error comes from the small sensor cord that runs between the generator and the tower.  Unplug and replug several times if necessary.  Turn it around and plug the end that had been in the generator into the tower and vice versa.

TedEbear

Quote from: wstmann on October 06, 2012, 06:49:29 PM

However this time i cant get it to go away, the thing sat outsidde and uncovered while i was traveling for 4 months, so when i got home i plugged it up, E1, jiggle wiggle, and it works.

Leaving an electronic gadget out in the weather that wasn't designed for it is asking for trouble.  At least get a cover for it.  I carry mine into my basement when it's not being used.