Temp staying around 78. Bad element?

Started by mikecorn.1, October 13, 2012, 10:25:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikecorn.1

Nice, daughters birthday party and the dam ac stops blowing cold. AC company said there should be a tech out in about an hour. $89 just to show up. LOVELY WEEKEND RATES! This must be the stall before it starts to climb ;D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

OU812

We might see 70 today, been in the 30's at night.

Havent ran the AC for 2 months now and refuse to turn on the heat yet

Keymaster

Is a nice 58° F and Rain here. Hope your AC has a speedy recovery!

JZ

Lucky you don't live where I am. The regular rates are higher and the weekend rate is probably double.  :o

But if you did live here you wouldn't need AC .... the temps range from around freezing at night to 10C to 15C depending on whether it is cloudy or not.

Good luck with the fix and hope it doesn't affect your daughters party. :)

Tiny Tim

I run a window unit on "economy" setting, around 70ish degrees...has cycled maybe 5 times over the past 2 months, so I'm giving it another week, then yanking the plug and putting the cover on the outside of it.  Also, like OU812, I ain't turning my heat on at least until after my next electric reading (electric baseboard heat), if not longer...I love these under $100 electric bills, too bad I'm still paying off an old bill to them that will be done in 6 more payments (then it would be under $50 most months).

Sailor

Ouch.....No AC ain't fun.  1st thing to check is see if you are dripping water from the condensing unit.  When my line gets plugged it backs up and I have a float switch that shut the compressor off.  Take a shop vac and suck out the line.  If that is not the cause the you most likely are low on gas.  Could be a pin hole in the A frame.  You could have an Ice up on the A frame.  Take the front panel off and see if you have a block of ice.  Getting Ice is from low gas.  You can run the fan to melt the ice.  Good luck....man it suck to live in an area where you use the AC most of the year. 

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

mikecorn.1

Nice! $249. Some could went out on the outside unit. The same ones they changed about 6 or seven years ago.

Mike

Keymaster

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on October 13, 2012, 11:47:20 AM
Nice! $249. Some could went out on the outside unit. The same ones they changed about 6 or seven years ago.

Was it the contactors?

mikecorn.1

Quote from: Keymaster on October 13, 2012, 11:51:32 AM
Quote from: mikecorn.1 on October 13, 2012, 11:47:20 AM

Was it the contactors?
Edit: ;D dual capacitors went out

Mike

iceman

What's AC ? I think the turtle showed me one of those when we visited him in the islands.  ;D 
Sounds like your repair man knows ours up here. Both charge more than we can afford!!  >:(

mikecorn.1

Quote from: iceman on October 15, 2012, 06:13:27 PM
What's AC ? I think the turtle showed me one of those when we visited him in the islands.  ;D 
Sounds like your repair man knows ours up here. Both charge more than we can afford!!  >:(
Yeah, probably not much use for one up there in Alaska :)

Mike