6 racks of cheese

Started by murrhunts, October 24, 2012, 07:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

murrhunts

Hey everyone

I have smoked some cheese in my new smoker that I finally got.  I was wondering if I fill all 6 racks with cheese do I have to rotate the racks to get even smoke or can I just leave them alone.  My first batch I smoked for 2 1/2 hours, came out great.

Keymaster

I would rotate the racks in the middle of the smoke just for good cause. Welcome to our forum :) I usually smoke the cheese and then put it in foodsaver bags and it will last a year in the fridge. The cheese gets better with age, about a month or two. if you knaw on it right out of the smoker it will taste like a ashtray.

Consooger

Did you cold smoke this? Like Key said, vac seal bags is what makes this so great (not that I know) but from what I heard. Seal them up and put them away for a few months. My friends have not been dissapointed.

John
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

devo

Leave them on the counter first before vac sealing them. Cheese will get moisture on the outside after smoking and you dont want that in the vac seal bags.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: devo on October 25, 2012, 04:24:16 AM
Leave them on the counter first before vac sealing them. Cheese will get moisture on the outside after smoking and you dont want that in the vac seal bags.

X2