Underwear for my smoker!

Started by jamesg, October 29, 2012, 03:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesg

I am new to my smoker, but have smoked sausage for years. I live in cold Saskatchewan Canada and have already discovered that my smoker  has limitations when it comes to cooking during our late fall and of course winter. Has any made a blanket or foil insulated jacket for their smoker? Without some type of insulation, I can get about 190 F out of it. Great for cold smoke, but what about cooked sausage?     Open to ideas
Thanks Jim

mikecorn.1

There is a member here that made a blanket for his using some type of thick foil wrap. Hopefully the member will post or someone else can find the pic or thread. Looked custom fit.

Found it ;D. Look at the links on the bottom of this thread

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Mike

JZ

Here are some pics of the "Blankie" I made for my smokers. I found it helped a lot more on the DBS than the OBS. So if you have a DBS I think you will find quite an improvement. But for really cold temps you will probably need to put the smoker in a covered shelter or add another element plus the Blankie. Oh and wind has a huge impact on the internal smoker temps so you definitely want to keep your smoker out of the wind.
]
]
]
Its worth a try ....... it doesn't cost much and is easy to do. Good luck. ;D

GusRobin

I think some wrapped a welding blanket around their's
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

jamesg

Thanks a million for the advice...I found an hard foam roof insulation that is foiled on both sides and built a hard cover 2" 's thick. Will let you know how it works out.

PS Whitetail season just opened in Saskatchewan!!!!  Oh Boy!

jamesg

Thanks all for the advice.  Happy hunting.