Bradley Forum Christmas Exchange IV

Started by GusRobin, November 02, 2012, 09:59:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GusRobin

Welcome to the annual Bradley Forum Christmas Gift Exchange IV. For those of you that aren't familiar with this, it is something that we do on a volunteer basis.

Tenpoint5 has done an excellent job coordinating this in the past, but this year he has a lot on his plate and after some discussion I volunteered to take on the effort. We thank Chris for his efforts and only hope we can run it as good as he did.

Generally it works like this:
Those that wish to participate will submit their information (directions to follow later in this thread) to the coordinator. I will then randomly assign each participant the name of the person that they will send their gift. You will not receive a gift from the same person you send one to.

While we have an International forum, we limit US to US, Canada to Canada, UK to UK, etc. This is primarily due to custom issues that have arisen in the past.

We have set a minimum limit of $25 (not including shipping). (This is a minimum value and you are free to be as generous as you wish. To see some examples of what people have sent in the past, here is a link to previous Exchanges.
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=25656.0

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=19173.0

Here are the specifics if you wish to participate:
1)   No later than 5:00 PM Central Time on Wed. November 21 – send me a PM with your Name, Address, and Screen Name.
2)   Sometime that weekend you will get a PM with the name of your gift recipient.
3)   All gifts should be mailed no earlier than Dec 3rd and no later than Dec 8th.
4)   Include your name and screen name in the package so people know who to thank.
5)   When you get your gift, please take a picture and post it on the thread that will be set up. (This is important because it is the way we make sure that everyone has received their gift.)
6)   We realize that some folks are having a rough year, so if there is any doubt about your ability to participate, please do not sign up. If for any reason you need to drop out or can't send a gift after you have signed up, please notify me immediately. Otherwise someone will be disappointed.
7)   Complaints---Helen Waite has volunteered to handle all complaints. So if you have a complaint you can go to Helen Waite.
Seriously, in the past people have complained because they got the same person as last year, got their brother-in-law or close friend, etc.. Please learn to deal with it because we don't have the time or patience to start juggling things around. (end of sermon)

I hope everyone will enjoy this as much as previous years and let the fun begin.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

standles

A smoking we will go
A smoking we will go
High ho the derry-e-o
A smoking we will go

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Lets get this party started

OU812

Count me In

Send your complaints "To Helen Waite"  ;D  ;D  ;D Havent herd that in a loooooooong time  :o

dman4505

I'm in and I promise to be good this year.  ;)  ;)  ;)
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

beefmann

dare I say it,,,
should i do it
what the h*ll

mesa is in

GusRobin

Quote from: beefmann on November 02, 2012, 01:36:34 PM
dare I say it,,,
should i do it
what the h*ll

mesa is in
Not until you send me a PM with the requested data  ::) ::) ::)
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

iceman

My third wife left me, my truck died, lost my job, my dog bit me, and the country is going to potty! It don't get no better  ;D  Yeppers I be in Gus.

squirtthecat

Quarlow

I am there, PM sent. Yeehaw and Hohoho.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

rdevous

Gus...........my PM sent!!!

Ray

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

GusRobin

After the first day of registration, the following are signed-up:
GusRobin
flbentrider
Standles
OU812
iceman
Beefmann
SquirtTheCat
NePaSmoker
rdevous
Quarlow

Tenpoint5

We usually only segregate our friends to the north. Mainly because we don't want to feed the customs border Nazi's.

I do believe our good friend Michael aka Lumpy will be the point of contact for our northern brothern.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Shasta bob

2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Temp Test Intelligent Thermometer
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner