A BOAT load of Jerky on my days off

Started by Consooger, September 27, 2012, 03:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Consooger

Had my fiance's friend ask me if I could make her some jerky. She bought 3 lbs of London Broil and me a bottle of Hendrick's Gin for my troubles. YOU GOT IT I SAID. She said surprise me with the flavor as well. NO PROBLEM!!!!!!!

This started a 2 day 15lb jerky mission...

I absolutely love the Hi Mountain blend seasonings and normally do all my batches with them but as a base only. I always tweak the flavor to whatever I am trying out.

All types of jerky have been placed in the Bradley for 1 hour of dry time @ 150 degrees, then followed with smoke and time listed below at 160 degrees (rotating racks front to back top to bottom every hour), and then finished off in the 80L Cabela's dehydrator at 3-4 hours at 155 degrees.

I made 4 different kinds:

1 - Original (extra smokey)
2 - Sweet Heat
3 - Bourbon BBQ
4 - Mandarin Orange Teriyaki

1. Original (extra smokey)
5 lbs london broil, original Hi Mountain blend seasoning, 2 tbsp A1 marinade, 1 tsp season salt, 3 3/4 hours hickory smoke

NO MONEY SHOT ON THIS ONE, I HAD TO VAC SEAL AND SEND OFF EARLY IN THE AM WITH MY FIANCE TO GIVE TO HER FRIEND
(the rule is go buy me good booze and the turn around on your investment is almost immediate  ;D 8) )

2. Sweet Heat
5 lbs london broil, sweet and spicy blend seasoning, 1/2 tbsp Jan's rub, 3 tbsp brown sugar, 1/4 cup honey, 3 tbsp red pepper flakes, 3 hours apple smoke

rolling smoke

money shots

3. Bourbon BBQ
2.5 lbs of London Broil, 1/4 cup Maker's Mark Bourbon, 1/4 cup Big Moe's BBQ sauce, Hi Mountain Bourbon BBQ blend mix, 3 hours of hickory

The players

into the pool

4. Mandarin Orange Teriyaki
2.5 lbs of London Broil, 1/4 cup Cointreau Liquer, 1/2 cup Teriyaki Sauce (I would have used Soy Vey here instead but I didn't want the sesame seeds in  this batch) 1 tbsp Valencia Orange Peel, 1 tsp Dale's Seasoning, 3 hours hickory smoke.

The players

the mix (THIS SMELLED VERY GOOD)

in the pool

30 minutes

Mandarin Teriyaki Blend Money Shot

Bourbon BBQ Money Shot

Bourbon BBQ and Mandarin Teriyaki Blends MONEY SHOT

All vac sealed and putting away for later. I'm exhausted  :o

John
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

Keymaster

Wow, Looks like you Mastered the art of Beef Jerky makin, I love that dales seasoning but they don't sell it around here I have to get it from Amazon. Nice Job on all that beef Joykey ;)

mikecorn.1

Wow! That looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

SiFumar

Looks all so good! I need to make some more soon.

Quote from: Keymaster on September 27, 2012, 04:52:15 AM
Wow, Looks like you Mastered the art of Beef Jerky makin, I love that dales seasoning but they don't sell it around here I have to get it from Amazon. Nice Job on all that beef Joykey ;)

Key...Do you have a Smart and Final up there(or also called Cash and Carry).  I buy Dales there by the quart and they carry the low sodium also.  If they don't carry it,  they should be able to order as it is in their system.

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

OU812

Niiiiiice

I like that you mixed up the flavors for your wife to be friend

I like to throw a hodge podge of jerky in a big ol bag when were huntin,,,,,,,,,,,never know what ya got till ya bite in

SNIPERS215

YOUR BIGGEST ADVERSARY... HIDES IN THE MIRROR

OldHoss

If you have it - smoke it.

Consooger

I still don't know anything... HAH :-X :P ;D
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

bundy

Great Looking Jerky, what did you like the best??

Consooger

Quote from: bundy on November 08, 2012, 04:57:54 AM
Great Looking Jerky, what did you like the best??

My go to recipe's are always the Original and the sweet heat. My one best bud LOVED the Mandarin Teriyaki flavor though. He tells me that was the best one I have made yet, but then again he says that to me a lot. So either I keep outdoing myself, or he just can't get enough of the jerky I make.
               -My Wife