Vertical Turkey Roaster

Started by zueth, November 09, 2012, 10:59:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zueth

Has anybody used this product? seems like it would work great from the thanksgiving turkey in the bradley and then into the SRG.

The Spanek Vertical Turkey Roaster
http://spanek.com/roaster/roasters.php

viper125

I've seen similar. But it's just a different way to do the same as a beer can chicken. I have done a few like that in my Bradley just hanging it with a pan under neath. But they would definitely work good. Im just poor and cheap! LOL!
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

Habanero Smoker

I have the Deluxe Combination Roaster Set and love it. When I ordered mine they didn't have the non-stick version. With mine I make sure I spray it with Pam before using, and it is easier to clean after you soak it for 15 - 30 minutes.

I don't think I have ever used the skewers. The top rings are great when you have a very large turkey or chicken.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

zueth

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on November 09, 2012, 01:38:08 PM
I have the Deluxe Combination Roaster Set and love it. When I ordered mine they didn't have the non-stick version. With mine I make sure I spray it with Pam before using, and it is easier to clean after you soak it for 15 - 30 minutes.

I don't think I have ever used the skewers. The top rings are great when you have a very large turkey or chicken.

How is the top ring used?  assuming skewers would be for kabobs?

Habanero Smoker

The top ring slides over the top of the vertical smoker, allowing you to extend the length a little bit. But the turkey vertical roaster by itself will handle most turkeys.

If you go to the site and scroll down to the picture of the skewer set. The piece that the skewers are hanging from is the top ring.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

smoker pete

Haven't used that brand but I do own one and use it.  I actually have a turkey and chicken size unit.  The gobbler below was an 11 pounder ...  ;D

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

Ka Honu

I've been using one for chicken for years.  Excellent piece of gear.  Only caveat is that the finish on the older non-stick versions wasn't all that durable - don't know about the newer models.

KyNola

Dang Pete, that turkey looks great.

smoker pete

Quote from: KyNola on November 10, 2012, 08:44:36 AM
Dang Pete, that turkey looks great.

Thanks Larry.  Used some EVOO for the glue and Jan's Dry Rub ... It tasted as good as it looked  :D 8)

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl