Bradley's New Website

Started by Habanero Smoker, April 07, 2006, 12:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Ya when you uninstall Norton it leaves a lot of stuff behind.  What you can do and this is for future referrance is to click on > Start > Run >  then type in > %appdata%    Click on your return. Now look for any folder that is Norton related and delete everything in it.  Reboot and then reinstall.

About two months back my Team Speak became corrupted. It was bleeding everyone's conversation back through my system. It took me running this string to fix the problelm.

Just for everyone who reads this posting it is a smart move to run that string when you remove a program.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Habanero Smoker

Thanks for the information. I never knew of that command until now.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Habanero Smoker

I want to thank everyone who help me with this problem. I finally figured out what was going on.

I got my other computer up and running this morning and was able to log on to the Bradley web site with the computer that was running Norton 2003. Here's what I think happened. By trying to download the digital manual, the web site is set up so that Acrobat Reader 7 opens within a frame on the page. Norton must have interpret this as suspicious activity that may be associated with a worm, so it blocked all activity from that site. All other downloads, such as the newsletter, and other manuals on that site open a seperate browser window during the download. Now that I know what the cause is (at least I hope I know ???), I can now set Norton to unblock the site.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

gpsmoker

Great to hear that you found the difficulty HS!  :)

Greg
When it's brown its cooking....when its black its done!

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven