Turkey Breast Roast Questions

Started by zueth, November 14, 2012, 09:37:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zueth

I picked up this at Costco

I will be cooking/smoking a turkey breast roast tonight and I am thinking it will take about 3 hours at 250.  Does that sound about right?  Looks to be already seasoned, so wasn't going to season, was just going to toss in the smoker.

Do you think that I should finish in my SRG or just cook in Bradley the whole time?

Do think 3 hours is a good estimate?

squirtthecat

zueth

squirtthecat

Whichever you prefer!

It's not very big, so you'll want to watch the IT in the turbo SRG..

OU812

Is it done yet Is it done yet Is it done yet Is it done yet Is it done yet  ;D

zueth

I cooked the roast at 250 with Pecan smoke for 3 hours, then it continued to cook for another 40 minutes and at this time we were getting hungry and the IT was about 150.  So I transferred to the SRG and it was done in 10-15 minutes, then pulled it and let it rest about 10 minutes, did I mention we were hungry :)  So it ended up taking about 4 hours.

End result with very good moist Turkey.  Here are a few pics(take with iPhone so not the best, the parts on top with the screen removed is because it burned in the SRG.

Here it is plated with mashed potatoes and corn. Didn't have time to make gravy.

Now the rest is the fridge for me to slice up for sandwiches, going to make some good lunch meat.

SoCalBill

I saw these roasts at Costco and passed it up. Now I wish I would have gotten one. Then again come next week I will have my fill of turkey  ;D

OU812

CLAREGO