2 different type of SS going

Started by Sailor, November 17, 2012, 11:10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sailor

So I mixed up a 10 pound batch of SS.  Then split the mixed weight into 2 different bowls.

Got 8oz of cheddar and sliced it up.

Then used the magic dicer to cube it up.

Then stuffed 2 1/2 casing with regular SS mix and then stuffed 2 3/4 casings with the cheddar mix. and loaded it into the Bradley.

Dried for 1 hr at 130 and rolling 3+ hours of Hickory.  Will bump temp 10 degrees every 2 hrs till IT of 152 is reached.  Set PID so cabinet temp will not get above 170.  Be back later when they is done.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

JZ

Great start. I bet you will like the cheese one more.

What is the magic dicer, never heard of this. ???

Sailor

Magic dicer is what I call it.  Just like magic it dices your cheese in neat little cubes.  Nicer dicer in the name http://nicerdicerindia.com/

NePaSmoKer

I have the same chopper in 1/4 x 1/4" and 1/8 x 18" for sticks.

If you have a kitchen collection store by you thats where i bought mine at.

Jim

Are they done yet?

Sailor

Yes Sir they got done yesterday.  Just did not have the time to post the pics.

They came out of the cold water bath and bloomed them for 2 hrs.

After the bloom they are headed off to the fridge for an overnight.  Like to fridge them for 2 days but they have to be vac sealed Sunday so a Buddy can pick them up.

Cut one of the chubs in 1/2 and left the casings on.  Had to see a money shot.  The rest have been vac sealed and are resting in the fridge so my Buddy can pick them up in the morning.  First time using store bought cheddar instead of the high temp stuff.  Very pleased with the texture and taste.  No signs of melting cheese or oils.

pikeman_95

Jim
Very good looking batch. It looks like you had some very good temp control..I don't see anything wrong with the store bought cheese.
kc

JZ

Wow those sure turned out nice and thanks for the link on the magic dicer. Apparently I NEED one of those things now. :)

Sam3

Great job Jim. Those look fantastic!

OU812