Forum stickys

Started by Chez Bubba, April 06, 2006, 08:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chez Bubba

Ive been contacted by Bradley stickys will be repaired but probably not until Monday or Tuesday when we get back into town.  Just wanted to let you all know.

Smokin' Andy forwarding Kirk's message
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Oldman

Hey Chez,

I wonder what happened to you when I saw you were no longer admin. Good to see you as a global Mod.

However, my 5 stars are prettier than yours.  ::)

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

manxman

Must agree on the stars, Olds are a lot more pretty!!

Forgive my ignorance, this is the only forum I am on. What is the difference in roles between an administrator and a moderator on a forum ?  :-[

Does one... well.... sort of administer (another  :-[ !!) whilst the other arbitrates in disputes and the like, looks out for inappropriate posting and generally makes sure people behave in a reasonable way? Or does the moderator act as a link between forum members and the company, in this case BS?

Just interested to know who is responsible for what?

Also want to be sure who not to upset the most....... Martin or Chez!!!! ;D ;D ;D
Manxman

Kummok

Quote from: manxman on April 07, 2006, 07:10:45 AM
Also want to be sure who not to upset the most....... Martin or Chez!!!! ;D ;D ;D

From what I've seen of CB's stockpile of assault weaponry, I'd say keep him happy....VERY happy!

As far as the stars go, I don't pay any attention to them....other than color, they seem to be strickly related to the number of posts made and I've been on this forum long enough to see that many were earned by posting "zillions" of 2-3 word responses ::). As do most of us, I pay more attention to what the poster has to say than how many stars are by their name, (although the "administrator" titles are DEFINITELY earned!) BTW..."Global" ??? ...I'd say "Intergalactic" is more appropriate for CB and Olds! ;)

Oldman

On most forums there are three levels. Admin. Super and Moderator. Admin can create new board and also do the rest of the stuff the other two do. Super is a Moderator of all boards. Normally he can move stuff, delete, or lock stuff up. In some cases he can ban a member. A Moderator is in charge of one board only.

Hope this helps with the understanding.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

icerat4

I am here only because you guys crack me up :D.O yea and the great help you provided me with this smoker and the food it creates.Cant wait for the 6 racker O boy.Thanks again all here.Wheres my next star.LOL si ya out here always. ;D

iceman

If Admin is #1, Super #2, Moderator #3, then according to Ann when things go wrong at the house I must be a #99. not in charge of doo doo. :o ::) ;D Just kidding. Thanks for the info Olds. You have my little tiny brain swelling up again. I'm learning way to much around here. ;)
Quote from: Oldman on April 07, 2006, 01:09:51 PMOn most forums there are three levels. Admin. Super and Moderator. Admin can create new board and also do the rest of the stuff the other two do. Super is a Moderator of all boards. Normally he can move stuff, delete, or lock stuff up. In some cases he can ban a member. A Moderator is in charge of one board only.

Hope this helps with the understanding.
Olds

Chez Bubba

OK, give me a hand here.

I haven't gotten near the stuff done today that I wanted to.

Please post links to the posts I need to sticky & I'll try & get it done tomorrow.

Thanks,

Kirk
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Kummok