Greatful for foil wrap

Started by hawsfli, June 21, 2004, 03:45:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawsfli

I am sure greatful for foil wrap.  It sure makes cleanup easier. [:D][:D] After cleaning the water pan of it's baked on residue several times my wife quietly wrapped the top with foil wrap.  The clean up and frustration related to cleaning the bowl have disappeared.  Now I am contemplating covering the drip pan and the V shaped drip shield. The idea is to cover the top of the latter shield and use a knife to cut slits in the foil where the louvers are located.[:I]  I might even increase the size of the drain hole in the bottom to the size of a quarter since it has a tendence to plug up while cooking.  I am curious about the experiences of others on clean up duties.  I use a 3 inch deep alumuniun pay with a mixture of hot water and that purple engine cleanup and grease desolving goop before popping in the new dishwasher.  Works well except for the caked on buildup developing at each cook. [V] Any othe ideas?[8D]  Montana Hawsfli (horsefly)

ChefJeff

Welcome.I pop every thing into my dishwasher.Why look for more work?[:)][:(]

SMOKIN & SPOKEN

Bassman

I wash everything with warm soapy water, Just to get the food particles off. I don't care what color it is. In fact I like the "seasoned" look.

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

Fuzzybear

I'm with Jack on this one....however, I will say if you use foil, find and use that industrial grade stuff...I once used the cheap stuff and it kinds stuck/glued/melded with the drip shield - was a real mess then...

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Glendora, CA - USA!

MallardWacker

I love the look of <font color="blue">"smoke over chrome"</font id="blue"> color.  It soothes the senses on the weekends.  Add a little pecan smoke and pork in the air and watch out honey.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Chez Bubba

Fly-boy,

I'm a dishwasher fan too. Just make sure none of the Mrs. good stuff is in at the same time. To me, foil just clogs up the works.

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Fuzzybear

Mr. Haws:

Where are you in Montana?

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Glendora, CA - USA!

whitetailfan

Haws,
Never tried foil yet.  You make a good point about the bowl, but to me that is the least dirty part.  As long as you have not run dry, I just swirl around the used pucks in the water and give em a toss, bowl is near clean already and easy to wash.

I love to use the dishwasher, but the missus gave a tongue lashing cause I put in the racks with little bits of leftovers still on them and it made a mess.  Now I pretty much just hand wash most, or make sure the chunks are gone before it hits the dishwasher.  Using non-stick spray has helped a good deal, but at the end of a long smoke, there is still something that sticks to the racks.[:(!]

<b><font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green"></b>
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.