Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Meal

Started by zueth, November 27, 2012, 09:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zueth

I am starting plan what I am going to smoke/cook for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, we will have about 20 people for each meal.

I am thinking of two rack's of pork or a Pork loin for Chistmas Eve and a Turkey or Ham for Christmas Day. 

what is everybody else cooking, looking for some good ideas.

3rensho

Potato sausage here.  Ain't Christmas without it. 
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

beefmann

home cured ham, cinnamon apple crisp, Frenches onion green beans, Garlic mashed taters

iceman

Quote from: 3rensho on November 27, 2012, 10:31:57 AM
Potato sausage here.  Ain't Christmas without it.

Man I haven't had that in years.
You wouldn't happen to have any favorite recipes for that would you?  :)

Bear1968

Christmas Day I think I will change it up a bit from my norm with a Roast Duck, mashed taters and gravy and maybe a green been casserole. Nothing fancy.
Now Christmas Eve on the other hand wears me out that is why I keep it simple on Christmas Day. Baccala Stew, Smelts, Shrimp and Orange Salad, Stuffed Calamari, Alice and Macaroni (Anchovy Pasta), Steamed Mussels, Steamed Shrimp and my favorite ... Fried Dough rolled in Sugar and Cinnamon.  I always have to make a dozen or so without the cinnamon and sugar and add a whole anchovy in the center of the dough ball.  ;)
And I nearly forgot LOADS of Cookies  :D
UBC Local 268

Consooger

Kielbasa kielbasa and more kielbasa, sorry I'm Ukranian!!!!!!!   YUMMMMM now I'm hungry
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

zueth

Well I have made up my mind, I am going to smoke/cook 2 racks of pork on Christmas Eve and smoke/cook a Turkey on Christmas Day.

Ka Honu

Twenty people?  Better make it a turkey and a ham!

zueth

Quote from: Ka Honu on December 04, 2012, 04:42:15 PM
Twenty people?  Better make it a turkey and a ham!

Funny you say that, I just had a conversation with my Mom about this and we decided we are going to do a Turkey and Ham.

Consooger

"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

drunknimortal

I cook a whole standing rib roast with twice backed potatoes.

zueth

Quote from: drunknimortal on December 05, 2012, 03:43:29 AM
I cook a whole standing rib roast with twice backed potatoes.

That sounds good, want to try one, but haven't yet.

Grouperman941

I roast a goose and we get a Honey Baked ham for dinner. For lunch, we do cheeses and cured Italian meats like salami and sopressata, and raw marinated, and fried vegetables.

Christmas Eve, we have  a Sicilian style 'seven fishes', though not THE seven fish that are traditional. We have octopus, calamari, shrimp, and a few finfish. might include smoked mullet this year if I can net some.
I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?

PapaC

Did a bone-on rib roast last year on Christmas day, but I'm thinkin pork spare ribs this year.
I'm just a social smoker, I can quit any time I want.