120 count bisquettes discontinued?

Started by Smorker, December 01, 2012, 10:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TedEbear

Quote from: beefmann on November 22, 2013, 03:24:37 PM
might have to take a  look at

I've been looking at those the last few weeks.  I might be going that route if I can no longer find Bradley bisquettes at a reasonable price.  Amazon lists 120 packs of hickory for a little less than $40 with free shipping and no sales tax but, of course, they are out of stock and no date on when they will be available.

I'm beginning to think that these bisquettes for the smoker are like printer ink cartridges when it comes to where the money is made for their products.

iceman

Quote from: TedEbear on November 23, 2013, 04:14:30 AM
Quote from: beefmann on November 22, 2013, 03:24:37 PM
might have to take a  look at

I've been looking at those the last few weeks.  I might be going that route if I can no longer find Bradley bisquettes at a reasonable price.  Amazon lists 120 packs of hickory for a little less than $40 with free shipping and no sales tax but, of course, they are out of stock and no date on when they will be available.

I'm beginning to think that these bisquettes for the smoker are like printer ink cartridges when it comes to where the money is made for their products.

;)  ;D

BoxcarBetts

I just purchased 120 packs of Whisky Oak ($45) and Alder ($33) from Amazon.ca.  Gonna be end of Feb by the time I receive them though!

Canadian Tire sells only 24 packs for $9.99 + tax (says it's $10.79 online) and Home Depot sells them in 48 packs for $20.99 + tax.
They say it's easier to quit heroin than it is to quit smoking!

Mischievous

Man I love my smoker but I can't find pucks, every time I think I found some they cancel my order because they are out. the ones you can find are way over priced - every dealer listed in my area is out of stock too - there is no way to even use this thing anymore, going to something else.

Bradley really needs to update their site as well, most of the companies they list as selling them stopped doing so.

rexster

I bought 3 120ct Hickory from Bass Pro at the end of November for around 35$ no shipping. I just checked the website and they're not listed anymore.
Stainless 4 rack Bradley
6 Rack DBS w/second heat element
Auber PID
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
Jenn-Air 75000 btu gas grill w/sear burner
Weber Performer charcoal grill
Portable Kitchen All Aluminum Charcoal Grill
2 MES 40" smokers
PK360 Grill
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer

ragweed

Allied Kenco still has 120 count.  Just checked their site.

rexster

Allied Kenco, forgot to check that one out. I just went on ebay and there are NO 120 count boxes of any kind available
Stainless 4 rack Bradley
6 Rack DBS w/second heat element
Auber PID
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
Jenn-Air 75000 btu gas grill w/sear burner
Weber Performer charcoal grill
Portable Kitchen All Aluminum Charcoal Grill
2 MES 40" smokers
PK360 Grill
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer

Salmonsmoker

Try Home Depot.com. According to a friend they have the 120 count pucks at a price that they used to cost on Amazon. $35-$36 ? Have them shipped to your closest HD and there's no shipping cost either.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

Old Frenchie

I just checked Home Depot and yes the prices are good but everything is shown as "out-of-stock". No 48's or 120's in stock.  :( :( :( :(
Original 4-Rack Bradley Electric Smoker
Brinkman Electric Smoker
Weston 3/4hp Grinder (575 watts)
Grizzly 5lb Vertical Stuffer
1st sausage made: April 2012

Salmonsmoker

Quote from: Old Frenchie on January 07, 2014, 06:01:45 PM
I just checked Home Depot and yes the prices are good but everything is shown as "out-of-stock". No 48's or 120's in stock.  :( :( :( :(

Aaargh! I wonder what the heck the deal is with the short supply? This shortage is a couple of years old.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

ragweed

Just ordered a 120 hickory and a 120 apple from Allied Kenco.  Had to pay shipping, but they have them.  With shipping, worked out to $48.00/120.

DryCreek

I just got an order update from Amazon.com.  My order I placed a few weeks ago for the 120 count hickory box ($39.99) has a ship date of February 11 through 25.  This is insane.  I just got my Bradley Original Smoker (BS-611) for Christmas, and I'm already having issues finding the key component that makes it a true "set it and forget it" smoker.  I am changing over from an offset smoker.

I must confess though, I have trial packs of Maple and Hickory Peterson Pucks waiting for me at the Post Office as we speak.

TedEbear

Quote from: Mischievous on January 07, 2014, 03:17:10 PMthere is no way to even use this thing anymore, going to something else.

Keep the Bradley and get an A-MAZE-N pellet tube for it.  I did that recently after being frustrated with the lack of sources for reasonably priced bisquettes, out of stock everywhere, etc.  A 20# bag of pellets ($15 or so when they're on sale) can last a year or more.   ;)

ragweed

Quote from: ragweed on January 08, 2014, 03:31:54 AM
Just ordered a 120 hickory and a 120 apple from Allied Kenco.  Had to pay shipping, but they have them.  $39.95.  With shipping, worked out to $48.00/120.

Pucks just arrived.  Not bad, two days from TX to NE, UPS Ground.  Interesting though.  Guess there is still a "shortage" of 120 count pucks.  My 120 consisted of 2 X 48 and 1 X 24!!!  And the 24 was not in a box, just the tray.  Looks like Allied bought a bunch of 48 packs.

With the shipping charge considered, it wasn't that great a price.  But they have 'em and now I got 'em, in two days.

Saber 4

I wouldn't consider $1.20 an hour to be all that high a price, I pick mine up at Cabela's on sale and average $.90 an hour. I figure that's not a bad deal since I only smoke 3-4 hours most of the time. I like my AMZEN-PS and I'm sure I'll like the tube but I haven't seen a big enough price difference based on the amount of pellets burned in 3-4 hours so far to make it something to make a total switch for. My biggest concern for smoking now is the constantly rising meat prices reducing the amount of smoking I can do. I can afford a lot more bisquettes than I can meat to smoke with it these days. Just my opinion though, not saying that works for everyone else.