120 count bisquettes discontinued?

Started by Smorker, December 01, 2012, 10:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthShoreMN

I guess I have been lucky, whenever I wander through a store that carries the bisquittes
I check and pickup some. I have 400-600 in garage now. Usually replenish before I run out of
A specific wood.  I do use amazn on green egg, cold smoking (short time) and webers.
Long cold smokes the Bradley with cold smoke adapter is still the best. (Bacon,ham etc) 
Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

viper125

Well its got to the point where it just don't seem many are using the pucks as before. I was hooked on them too. Until it got to the point they were to outrageous in price or shipping or I just couldn't find them locally. To many times they forced me to use alternatives. Then I was given a gift here for a new alternative. Im in love with now. So I think i surrender.  I will wash ,clean and double check both my smoke generators this year and post for sell.
  It  is a great system and i like it. But it is the source of the most income for bradley I believe too. And I'm not knocking them. As i love my original setup. But my thoughts are if it is as we all seem to think they should fire marking and suppliers and revamp. A wider distribution would make them readily available, and probably bring cost to them and price to us down. I still use them when i find some where im at. But not enough to keep trying. And for those trying to replace with home made pucks I doubt you'll ever achieve what bradley has in quality. Shipping is just a game today and adds way to much to cost.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

renoman

FWIW I just got back from  Halfords here in Edmonton and they have got pallets of Bradley pucks. Every flavour, every size box including 120s. I believe they ship for free over a certain $ amount. Never had to buy from them online though.

https://www.halfordsmailorder.com/eSource/ecom/eSource/items/4-S1-lV1BS-lV2B-FOODCOOK-lV3B-FCSMWOOD-lV4B-FCBRBISC.aspx

viper125

Well thats good for those who can afford to buy a large amount. But kinda shafts us who cant. I would try to get it into local chains like kmarts, walmarts and such. Bet theyd sell twice as many over night.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

dautry

So what is the deal? Amazon ... Home Depot ... local resellers ... out of stock.

It's the NFL playoffs!  Missing out here and thinking about buying  a new smoker.  The price of the bisquettes is just too high.

ragweed

Quote from: dautry on January 14, 2014, 01:12:11 AM
So what is the deal? Amazon ... Home Depot ... local resellers ... out of stock.

It's the NFL playoffs!  Missing out here and thinking about buying  a new smoker.  The price of the bisquettes is just too high.

As I stated earlier in this thread, Allied Kenco has them.  Got them in 2 days.  For me 40 cents a puck is not too expensive.  I usually only run smoke for 2 hrs, so $2.40 is not a show stopper because I think the Bradley is still the best way to smoke/cook ANYTHING.  Just my opinion.  :)

DryCreek

Rats!
Just got a message from Amazon today.  They are unable to fill my order for the 120 pack.
Also still out of stock at Home Depot, and Cabela's doesn't seem to carry them any more.
Those Peterson Pucks I ordered are looking more and more to be the new deal for me.  yes, they tend to ash a little, but they're cheaper in the long run, and best of all, available!

Does anyone from Bradley ever monitor these forums and offer any insight to general issues such as this?  I would have hoped that one of them will jump in and reassure us that their product is worth waiting for, or something..........

Saber 4

Quote from: DryCreek on February 11, 2014, 04:26:28 PM
Rats!
Just got a message from Amazon today.  They are unable to fill my order for the 120 pack.
Also still out of stock at Home Depot, and Cabela's doesn't seem to carry them any more.
Those Peterson Pucks I ordered are looking more and more to be the new deal for me.  yes, they tend to ash a little, but they're cheaper in the long run, and best of all, available!

Does anyone from Bradley ever monitor these forums and offer any insight to general issues such as this?  I would have hoped that one of them will jump in and reassure us that their product is worth waiting for, or something..........

Trust me they are monitoring and aware of the issue.

In another similar post awhile back Brian made a point of stating that if you can get your local store to order the 120 counts they will ship them out. In this economy I think stores are having a harder time justifying the expense of stocking larger quantity boxes when they can buy the smaller 24 and 48 count packs cheaper and they sell quicker to the average Bradley owner that doesn't smoke as much as we do here on the forum. I would bet that most of the really good deals on 120 counts are after they have sat in a warehouse for to long and the store needs to move them to get their investment back.

A common internet marketing tactic now days is to list products that a company can order but show them as out of stock, then if enough orders are placed in backorder status to make a profit ordering them they can get a shipment and fill the orders. But if enough orders aren't placed then they aren't out any  money.

dubob

According to an email I got from Bradley this AM, the 120 packs have NOT been discontinued and will again be available in the future but he didn't know when.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 77 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men don't ask permission to bear arms." ― Glen Aldrich
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ― Dr. Seuss

Bradley (Head Office)

Forum Members

"Rumors of our demise by fire are greatly exaggerated.  Yes, there was a small fire in our plant, that had a short-term impact on supply, but all is good, and 120-packs will be trickling back into the marketplace soon.  Supply of 48-packs and 24-packs was un-interrupted.

Thanks Brian.

TedEbear

Quote from: Bradley (Head Office) on February 12, 2014, 05:05:18 PM
Forum Members

"Rumors of our demise by fire are greatly exaggerated.  Yes, there was a small fire in our plant, that had a short-term impact on supply, but all is good, and 120-packs will be trickling back into the marketplace soon.  Supply of 48-packs and 24-packs was un-interrupted.

Thanks Brian.

Fire?  I hadn't heard anything about it but hopefully the 120-pack bisquettes will soon be back on the shelves.

renoman

They must have forgot to put water in the puck bowl. ;D

TNRockyraccoon

I suppose I had a standing order in with Amazon. I got an email today that said my 120 pack had shipped and my credit card was hit for them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

sage03

Fire at the plant......boy do I hope they had some salmon...some brisket...some pork and...some cheese before the fire dept. showed up.... ;) ;)

DryCreek

Well, I hope that they can get some production going here soon.
On the bright side, Peterson Pucks offers free shipping if you order five bags or more, and they have all flavors and all sizes in stock.
So, due to a dearth of Bradley products available to me through mail order, I had to commit to five more bags of the competitions product.  If this keeps up, I may have to ask myself why I even keep checking at my two main sources (Amazon and Home Depot) for availability of the Bradley Bisquettes.  I do like the ease of the system and its design, but if I can only buy 24's and 48's, it's not a very cost effective option.  But, to put the marketing hype to the test, the Peterson Pucks really don't last as long as they insinuate.  They imply that each one of their pucks lasts approximately three times as long as the Bradley product.  The truth is they really only last a little over twice as long.  This is from my direct experience.  As a matter of fact, I have the Maple and Hickory pucks stacked in the smoker now and I am finishing a brisket as I type.