Microswitch, or Outside Temps

Started by josbocc, December 03, 2012, 01:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josbocc

Hey Everyone,

About a year ago, I started getting an E message every 20 minutes, and when that happened, the smoke generator would push two pucks through, effectively meaning that I was using twice as many pucks as I needed to.  After doing some research, it was suggested by the masses on this forum that I change the microswitch, and the cable from the tower to the generator.  Did that this past spring, and everything was fine.

Until last weekend..........................,

Was doing some Canadian Bacon, when I heard the dreaded three beeps, saw the e-code, and then looked inside the water bowl to see an unburned puck sitting on the top.

I don't smoke a lot.  In fact, I'm fairly certain that I only smoked 6 - 10 times between the time that I changed out the microswitch, and now. 

Now I am not the brightest crayon in the box, but I was able to recall some details from the first malfunction, and I believe I might have found a common denominator.  Both times this occurred, the outdoor temperatures were cold.  I'm talking somewhere in the mid teens to low 20's (farenheit).

Has any one else experienced this type of problem?  If so, any suggestions for compensating for the cold temps would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff
The Wood Doesn't talk back
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!