beefman lazy controller

Started by beefmann, December 04, 2012, 02:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beefmann

bottom left relay controls the smoke generator, bottom right relay controls the heater the relays are wired to receptacle just above them respectfully and to a auber SWA-24x1 PID TIMER controller.

the back of the Pid controller, The Green wire is the power to the PID and Timer units, The blue wire id to the thermocouple, The Brown wire is between the alarm out and smoke generator which is programmed for a timed relay for 4 hr 40 minutes ( 40 minute pre heat, 4 hour smoke ) and the orange wire controls the heater. Notice the jumper wire off to the side, tis very important, it tells the PID that the alarm relay is a timed relay over a alarm.

back of the timer which is being used as a duration clock, the red wires below are to  a switch to turn on and off the controller

back of the controller, receptacle not identified is for the smoke generator

front of controller  top unit is the pid bottom is the duration timer

been used a few times works like a  champ

Tenpoint5

OOOOOOUCH that made my eyes and my head hurt Beefman!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on December 04, 2012, 03:47:23 PM

What Chris said  ;D

viper125

So basically you have one out let with two plugs controlled and the other is just a straight plug with continued circuit right?
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

beefmann

viper,
1 relay controls the smoke generator
2 nd relay controls the heater only

fan / blower runs full time..
3 outlets for the above controlled by the front switch. last outlet is powered up full time all ran through a 15 amp mini breaker, PID, Timer and relays protected by a 1/2 amp fuse

beefmann

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on December 04, 2012, 03:47:23 PM

so that is why im cross-eyed ! ! ! :o :o :o :o :o :o

Keymaster

Looks like a good plan, looks like those are 1" share holes you cut for the plugs. These make quick work for cutting those square holes, sure you knew that but for those wanting to copy your plan. 

viper125

Quote from: beefmann on December 04, 2012, 04:31:02 PM
viper,

3 outlets for the above controlled by the front switch. last outlet is powered up full time all ran through a 15 amp mini breaker, PID, Timer and relays protected by a 1/2 amp fuse

Relay for SG and Heater same as regular pid  with an extra outlet right? Then the full time is for lights or what ever. I
Inside setup.

beefmann

Quote from: viper125 on December 04, 2012, 04:49:03 PM
Quote from: beefmann on December 04, 2012, 04:31:02 PM
viper,

Relay for SG and Heater same as regular pid  with an extra outlet right? Then the full time is for lights or what ever. I

yes it is

viper125

Good idea. Thought of adding extra outlets for mine on the wall. This might work for mt too! Great idea.
Inside setup.

Consooger

"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

beefmann

Quote from: Consooger on December 04, 2012, 11:10:47 PM
WOW, all i saw was colors!
makes it easier to keep track of what goes where

Sailor

I don't think the bomb squad would be able to understand that wiring!  Just sayin  :o  ;D

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.