Pumpkin spiced smoked almonds

Started by Silvergrizz, December 09, 2012, 04:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silvergrizz

Decided to try these tonight. Recipe off the Bradley site. Started smoking the almonds 2 days ago for 24 hours. The recipe calls for too much salt as it would not all dissolve in 5 cups of water. Figure there was close to 1/3 cup of salt in the brine on the bottom. After 24 hours, removed and dried for another 24 hours. Into the smoker tonight for 3 hours of hickory at 200F. I wasn't sure, so I put them into the smoker before turning it on. Took 45 mins to reach temp, then I started smoke and timing. After 2 hours, removed and applied the egg mixture. icing sugar and pumpkin pie spice. I didn't want to put the mixture back onto cheesecloth  as I thought it would stick like crazy, so I foiled the ends of the racks and used frog mats. Worked like a charm. Another hour of smoke and done. Removed and now cooling on the counter. Delicious hot, can't wait to try at breakfast.

Almonds drying after 24 hours in salt.

Into the smoker

Done!

Keymaster

Looks and sounds Great!! Wife was spying over my shoulder and I here what are you looking at..... Short story, I will be making Pumpkin spiced smoked almonds next weekend ;D

mikecorn.1

Your nuts look great ;) and your smoker looks just like the one I got ;)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Mike

SiFumar

Those almonds look delicious!  Nuts are one of my favorite things to smoke!