Pork Spare Rips

Started by ND Smoker, April 12, 2006, 06:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: iceman on April 20, 2006, 09:28:23 AM
I was also taught this at CISC. White meat 155f Dark meat boneless 160f Dark meat bone in 165f. The USDA had to agree on (A SINGLE SAFE TEMP) so they had to go with the 165f. to cover all applications.

Also the 165F is an interesting temperature. That is the temperature at which all food borne bacteria is instantly killed. You have to hold the food at that temperature for 15 seconds. It's could be another reason why they picked that temperature. I might try my dark meat at 160F. The only reason I been going up to 165F is because I was told the dark meat will be too tough if it was not brought up to 165F.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

iceman

Quote from: icerat4 on April 20, 2006, 09:37:47 AM
I like to rub my meat the night before :o.IT has more penatrating powers ;D.Go ahead guys fire away LOL. ;D :D ;D ;)
BANG! BANG! BANG! icerat. Just kidding :D Everyone has they're own way of doing things. That's what makes this forum so neat. Lots of different things to try. I love to experiment all the time. It's the only way to find things you might like. Rub away and anyway I say. ;D

icerat4

I loved your rub ice. Its gota a little kick to it nice .Where do i sign up to actually buy some.Sure give us a sample get us hooked and then its all over.You ever live in the city of chicago.We have a name for you KINDA GUYS. LOL.Please give me a pm and ill buy some it works for me thanks for your help ice.