Sliders in the Bradley?

Started by RedJada, December 17, 2012, 04:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedJada

Can it be done? I make these in the oven in a cookie sheet using 80/20 ground chuck. They come out great. So the wife decided for her Christmas party at her shop she (me) would do some sliders in the smoker. When I do these in the oven they come out nice and juicy, add your own toppings, condiments on a tater bun, BAM! Good eats.
Anyone try this in the Bradly, Generally the ground chuck is 1/2 inch thick in the cookie sheet. I'm thinking I can do as normal in the cookie sheet, cut and fit in the smoker racks. Wondering if I should just give them a little smoke and finish in the oven. Or take them all the way through? Defiantly don't want a grease fire in the box. Looking for ideas and suggestions.

classicrockgriller

Personally, I would add smoke and finish in the oven.

There seems to be a difference in the texture of the meat if all

done in the Bradley. It's not bad, just different.

squirtthecat

Ditto.   Roll smoke, then finish in the oven.

Habanero Smoker

There is a recipe on the recipe site:

Smoked Sliders

The preferred method it so apply smoke, then move to a grill, or griddle on your stove top. If you plan to fully smoke in the Bradley, maintain a cabinet temperature of at least 225°; 250° would be better.

Tip: If you can not find dinner or Parker house rolls, hot dog rolls cut into thirds make a good substitute. I like to use potato rolls.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

RedJada

Thanks everyone. And thanks Hab for posting the recipe, I figured someone has done this in the Bradley. I do have to agree with everyones advise for just doing a short smoke and finish in the oven, grill, etc... I'm thinking it would make a pretty good mess in the box if I cooked all the way. But I'm sure it has been done. I will be doing this Thursday after work for the party Friday. I will report back the results. Thanks again.

classicrockgriller

griddle on your stove top = skillet.

that too is not a bad option depending on the # of burgers.

RedJada

30 sliders in the box. I will finish most of the way stove top. Then let them get completely happy in the crock pot tomorrow. Smoked some cheddar two weeks ago, think I see if its ready.