4 Rack Digital Smoker Unit--No power

Started by rfh0126, December 22, 2012, 06:23:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rfh0126

Hello! New to the forum, but an experienced smoker. I own a 4-rack BTDS76P. I recently replaced the micro switch and upon reassembly, there is not power to the digital unit. My voltmeter is showing power to the red wire coming into the unit, but there is no power beyond that point. I disconnected several wires, but I am 99% positive they are reconnected correctly.

Does anyone have a picture of the wire connections or any suggestions?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

devo

I am assuming the fuse is good on the smoke generator?

rfh0126

Fuse is good. I actually had the replace the entire fuse unit. The wire broke off the back of it.

devo

Quote from: rfh0126 on December 22, 2012, 10:03:42 AM
Fuse is good. I actually had the replace the entire fuse unit. The wire broke off the back of it.

So does that mean your back smoking or are you still looking for the wiring Dia. ?

rfh0126

Still  looking for the wiring diagram or a picture of the internal wires.

rfh0126

That did the trick! Thanks! Now I am only dealing with the dreaded E1.  :P

Keymaster

Quote from: rfh0126 on December 23, 2012, 06:08:27 AM
That did the trick! Thanks! Now I am only dealing with the dreaded E1.  :P
Try reversing your sensor cable or tap on that button sensor inside on the back wall of the smoker.

rfh0126

Tried that already... I may have a bad sensor. I replaced it a few years back. I also opened the back of the smoker box and all wires are fine. Is it possible that the sensor connection in the smoker is bad?

Keymaster

I think I remember someone puting a ice cube on that sensor to get the thermal disk inside to pop back. I don't have a wiring diagram so I am not much help past here. If you have a ohm meter you could check continuity on your sensor cable end to end.

Alanfromwis

If you have a VOM, try measuring the resistance at the cable end, by unplugging from S G. Just measured mine at  156k. Or if you put a 100k,1/8 watt resistor as a substitute for sensor, E1 should go away. Hope this helps.
Retirement means every day is Saturday except Sunday

Habanero Smoker

Have you tried all of the suggestions in the following link:

E-1 Error

Also the below link will take you to many FAQ's. You may be able to fix the problem by visiting that web page, or narrow down the problem:

Bradley FAQ's

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

rfh0126

Just measured the resistance with my multi-meter and I cannot get a static reading. It jumps initially and then goes back to 0. Bad cabel?

Alanfromwis

0 would indicate a short between your measuring point and the sensor.Unplug other end of cable, then measure the cable only (no connection on far end). If 0 again,cable is shorted, if infinate cable is ok There is a connector inside of back panel that plugs sensor to back male connector, that you can test only sensor and pigtail to see if that is ok, shorted or open.
Retirement means every day is Saturday except Sunday