Bradley Smoker Parts

Started by johnsbrewhouse, April 16, 2006, 09:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnsbrewhouse

I have a 4 rack Bradley smoker that seems to have crapped out, through checking the circuits, I believe the circuit board has taken a dump, it blows the GFI every time it is plugged and and is only a couple of years old, love the smoker but hate to think of the money I paid for it, only to have something go bad so early[email protected]

jaeger

Welcome to the forum brew!
There are a lot of electrical gurus here, but it ain't me. Just keep checking and someone will respond. If you end up in need of parts, Chez Bubba sells about anything for the BS that you may need. If nothing else, give him a call and he will talk you through it.
http://www.chezbubba.com/

Good luck!

owrstrich

house...

if i were blowing the gfi the 1st thing i would do is eliminate the smokegen or the smokebox...

i would plug the 110v lead from the smokebox directly into the gfi completely bypassing the smokegen and slide the slider all way right and see if it blows the gfi...

i would unplug the 110v lead from the smokebox and plug the smokegen directly into the gfi and turn it on and push the advance button and see if it blows the gfi...

after that its more elimination of the good to find the bad...

you gotta eat...

owrstrich

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

johnsbrewhouse

I have narrow the problem down to the circuit board pretty much, the smoke generator works fine, somewhere the board has shorted to ground

Habanero Smoker

If you replace it, check your current lowwer face plate. If it has cracks in it you will need to replace that also.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

whitetailfan

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on April 19, 2006, 03:50:08 AM
If you replace it, check your current lowwer face plate. If it has cracks in it you will need to replace that also.
Absolutetly.  In fact, if your innards are shot, that's probably why.  My guess is moisture getting in from a crack, they crack pretty easy.  I think on Chez Bubbas site they are like $5.  If you get parts from him buy one anyway even if yours is not cracked, just to save shipping for a future plate.  Chez is good at not gouging on shipping.
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

johnsbrewhouse

Thanks to all who responded, I contacted the Chez Bubba site last night and got my replacement parts along with a few other goodies. They had everything that I needed to fix the problem and even called me this morning wondering why I had ordered one certain parts that the complete face plate comes with, great service attitude  :)

Oldman

Quote from: johnsbrewhouse on April 19, 2006, 07:47:23 PM
Thanks to all who responded, I contacted the Chez Bubba site last night and got my replacement parts along with a few other goodies. They had everything that I needed to fix the problem and even called me this morning wondering why I had ordered one certain parts that the complete face plate comes with, great service attitude  :)
Yepper Chez and his BOSS are great folks to do business with. In the past a few have complained a little that Chez was a few bucks more.  In my business it is not quantity but the quality of service that matters.  Chez and Ann follow this same business plan.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

iceman

Ditto Olds!!! They are the best.