Author Topic: new to the BS  (Read 2306 times)

Offline gary

new to the BS
« on: April 17, 2006, 02:02:20 pm »
i'm new to the BS product and the instruction bklt seems a bit limited.  i don't want to dump my expensive bisquits into the water bowl, so, do you just punch the advance button once, or do you advance it until a biscuit is at the end of the conveyor?  also, i have my BS exposed to the sun.  the outside temp will indicate 100 easily.  indeed, i'm sure i'll have a hard time keeping the machine under 175 with its placement.  do you think this will be a problem?
also also, other than biscuits, has anyone used any work around for using wood chips, etc? (not to be difficult with the machine, but i've got a lot of pecan that i use on my grill and i like using it.
thanks,
g

Offline Oldman

• Member Extraordinaire
Re: new to the BS
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 08:02:57 pm »
i don't want to dump my expensive bisquits into the water bowl, so, do you just punch the advance button once, or do you advance it until a biscuit is at the end of the conveyor?
You will need to push it 3 times allowing it to cycle completely each time before you push the button again.
the outside temp will indicate 100 easily.  indeed, i'm sure i'll have a hard time keeping the machine under 175 with its placement. 
Yepper. I live in Florida and in the sun at that outside temp you will not  be doing any cold smokin" for sure.  Next, I strong suggest making sure your unit stays out of any rain.
also also, other than biscuits, has anyone used any work around for using wood chips
One member has. Do a search on home made pucks.  However, IMO it is not worth the trouble.

Welcome to the forums and we will be looking forward to your postings~~!
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!