WOW......Tri-Tip

Started by OU812, December 26, 2012, 12:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OU812

One of Tabys favorite places to eat is "Pepper Jacks Grill" and the last time we were there she spotted a jar of there WOW seasonings of the wall and said we should try it. I said sure

So here we go! Got out a Tri-Tip and seasoned it up

Let that rest wile the smoker warmed up to 250 F. Through in the hunk of beef, turned the heat down to 225 F and rolled 2 hr Oak. Right at 3 1/2 hr in we got an IT of 140 F and Wallah!

I put the pan on a rack and placed in the smoker for the last 1/2 hr to warm up. When the meat was done plopped it in the warmed pan, covered the pan with foil and wrapped in a towel wile we made up the other fixins

After a 20 min rest we got this

Dinner time!!

Winner,,,,Winner,,,,Christmas Dinner,,,,the flavor was awesome!  ;D

beefmann

STLstyle

That looks great!

Sent from my iPhone
DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod
BBQ Guru DigiQ / Raptor Combo

JZ

That sure beats the crap out of oven cooked turkey. Please tell me that gravy was from the tri-tip drippings. That would be sooooooo good.

Nice looking plate Curt. :)

muebe

Love Tri-tip and that looks good!
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

SiFumar

WOW is right!  Great looking Tip and meal!

OU812

Quote from: JZ on December 26, 2012, 05:14:40 PM
That sure beats the crap out of oven cooked turkey. Please tell me that gravy was from the tri-tip drippings. That would be sooooooo good.

Nice looking plate Curt. :)

There wasnt much for drippings but what there was it all went in the roux to make the gravy

Keymaster

Smoker John

That just made me really hungry, looks great
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712