About to buy first smoker

Started by jdhunt0, December 27, 2012, 08:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GusRobin

the one with the smoke on the door is the newer one with some improvements over the older one. However, if you can get a better price on the original version, I don't think the differences are worth that much. But I will let others jump in.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

KyNola

The one with the smoke design on the door is the newest latest model of the other one without the smoke design.  I would buy the newer model.  Several upgrades made to it.

GusRobin

Quote from: KyNola on January 09, 2013, 05:41:32 PM
The one with the smoke design on the door is the newest latest model of the other one without the smoke design.  I would buy the newer model.  Several upgrades made to it.
Not sure on prices elsewhere but Amazon has the original for $263 and the new version for $446. Is the new version worth $200 or even $100 more?
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

jdhunt0

According to the web site, the changes are:

New Stainless Steel Interior.
New Rack supports keep racks from tipping over when pulled out.
Heat control moved to Smoke Generator which will eliminate moisture damage to switch.
Improved Front Face Plate.
Improved Electronic components.
Extra large front feet for added support and stability.
Generator has removable side panel for ease of cleaning and preventative maintenance.

Most of these seemed pretty importtant to me so I went with the new one.  Of course I got a much better deal than $446.  I think mine was under $270 shipped to my door.

GusRobin

then I would go with the new version

Bambooman36

right on guys i appreciate the input im used to smoking with misquite and fire so this will be my first run with this electric. the only pain in the a$$ part is shipping i guess someone has to swim it over with a nice shipping charge. i was gonna get the 6 rack dbs but it seem like the 4 rack is better since they have the same heating element as the 6 as far as heat swings, it seems like everyone had the same answer and idea running with the OBS and a PID. i guess im gonna take a shot with the 4 rack OBS running a PID. im just mainly smoking octopus.

Salmonsmoker

Welcome to the forum Bambooman. If you only do octopus, you're gonna miss out on a whole lot of other great stuff you can smoke in your new Bradley. ;D
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

Grouperman941

I'd love a good recipe for octopus!
I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?

Bambooman36

well the only reason ive been doing octopus its more for buisness its in demand and so is seafood in general this will be my first time smoking with an electric smoker ive only used regular fire. i have a big smoker 6.5ft by 4ft roughly maybe a tad smaller but i have to weld my fire box back on it needed adjustments. the one ive been using now is cr*p. so it was either make another one from scratch or try a bradley out so im gonna take a shot at this. ive smoked wild boar, ribs and turkey. i fish and dive so i catch all my octopus and marinate it and smoke it the people love it. it sells about $32 per lb. but its to much work with my other dumb smoker just tryna cut down on wasted time. yah ill message you the recipe.

Bambooman36

again guys i appreciate the kind words and whatever help. my opinion smoking is an art if its fabricating and modifying down to details of heat swings and cook times but when the product comes out no one will be grumbling about food..lol again grouper ill shoot you a recipe if not when i make a good batch ill send a sample over...lol