Smoked Brie

Started by murmur, December 28, 2012, 07:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

murmur

Made an 6" Brie a few weeks back and pressed it( because I just bought a new cheese press and wanted to try it out)
Knowing the texture was going to be different than normal-I  decided to cold smoke it today after my initial seasoning run with my new 4 rack digital- Temps as high as 78F. Used Special Blend Bisquettes for 1 hour. Now back in the cheese cave for 4 weeks
Will add pics tomorrow

Quarlow

Oh you got me drooling. I love Brie.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

SiFumar

Looking forward to the pictures...love brie also.

Silvergrizz

Cheese making, another topic I want to try. Looking forward to the pics. How long from start until you are able to enjoy the Brie?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

murmur

Quote from: Silvergrizz on December 29, 2012, 09:32:31 AM
Cheese making, another topic I want to try. Looking forward to the pics. How long from start until you are able to enjoy the Brie?

I age my brie about 4-6 weeks depending on temperatures. Best at 50F- if warmer than that it is ready in 4 weeks.

A lot of the brie I make is for serving as baked brie where it will be melted-so I could be ready to go in as little as 3 weeks if needed.
Still unable to post pics-suspect because I am a new user

devo

Quote from: murmur on December 30, 2012, 06:35:48 AM

I age my brie about 4-6 weeks depending on temperatures. Best at 50F- if warmer than that it is ready in 4 weeks.

A lot of the brie I make is for serving as baked brie where it will be melted-so I could be ready to go in as little as 3 weeks if needed.

Just follow the instructions on this page and you will be able to post all the pictures you want.

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?488-Answers-To-Bradley-Smoker-FAQ-s&p=768#post768

murmur

Quote from: devo on December 30, 2012, 06:59:22 AM
Quote from: murmur on December 30, 2012, 06:35:48 AM

Just follow the instructions on this page and you will be able to post all the pictures you want.

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?488-Answers-To-Bradley-Smoker-FAQ-s&p=768#post768
I tried the link, but it is identifying me as a spammer! lol

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: SiFumar on December 28, 2012, 10:53:06 PM
Looking forward to the pictures...love brie also.

Me too but you know what they say.

Everyone has a camera.

devo

Well thats too bad about not getting in to the recipe site. I heard they have had trouble with spammers.

You basically have to upload your pictures to a photo site like photobucket. Copy the link from that upload.
When you making your post here include the image tags ([ img ] your link here [ /img ]
some thing like this

devo

hehehe   close   you forgot the image TAGS   

Keymaster

Thats pretty cool you make your own Brie Murmur, Is there a good book or website to get started in that hobby.

devo

Silvergrizz

Nice site, but online they list all 6 of their cheese making kits as "out of stock" :-(

Grizz