Door Mod

Started by lungbuster68, December 30, 2012, 09:35:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lungbuster68

Hello! First time post, I was wondering if anybody has done a mod on the BDS door and hinge? I have the new door and bottom plate where the rubber feet go, but it is made of plastic. Has anyone made it out of metal?? Thanks..

lungbuster68

Thanks devo! 1 more ? what about the plastic piece that runs the length of the door on the bottom, I noticed when I open the door that piece hits the smoker cabinet. I was wondering if i should make that out of metal?

devo

I say the more metal replacement parts you can make on your own the better my friend. If you have the tools and the right metal I say go for it.  ;)

KyNola

Quote from: lungbuster68 on December 31, 2012, 06:31:46 AM
Thanks devo! 1 more ? what about the plastic piece that runs the length of the door on the bottom, I noticed when I open the door that piece hits the smoker cabinet. I was wondering if i should make that out of metal?
I think the real question is why is that piece on the bottom of the door hitting the cabinet when you open the door?  Sounds like your door or tower is out of square.  Try placing a thin washer on the bottom pin of the door and see if that raises the door enough to prevent the bottom from hitting the tower.

Ketch22

Welcome to the forum. :)