Temp Sensor

Started by Stretch, January 02, 2013, 12:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stretch

My Bradley Smoker is brand new and since the first time I've turned it on the temp sensor is always reading lower then the actual temp in the smoker.  Ive used a seperate temp gauge in the smoker and the temp is right on or a little higher then the thermostat calling, however my temp sensor is always reading around 40 degrees F low.  Is this common or has anyone had this problem?

KyNola

The temp sensor in the Bradley is on the back wall above the heating element so the heat flows straight up the back wall to the sensor, in effect faking out the sensor.  Your independent gauge is showing you the temp swings that the Bradley has until the meat load comes up to temp.  The temp swings lessen as the cold meat comes up to heat and becomes less of a heat sink.

Stretch

I got ahold of Bradley and they are sending me out a new Temp Sensor.  Even after hours with the oven on, regardless if there is meat in it or not the temp is always 40 degrees F lower then the actual temp in the box.  We will see how this works out.

buttburner

its really easy to test it

mine went bad too. All I did was put a jumper between the 2 terminals of the sensor, then it worked properly.

Just dont leave it like that!