Delivered today

Started by Ballmiester, December 28, 2012, 09:02:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ballmiester

Wife got me a digital 4 rack for christmas and it is waiting at the garage door and I'm stuck at work any advice for a newbie I already ordered frog mats and bubba pucks can't wait to smoke something

beefmann

also add a maverick et 732 thermometer to your tools,

also smoke with the vent  1/2 to wide open at all times, turkey, and chicken wide open all the time, fill the water bowl up with water to catch the pucks, afterwards add a flavored drink, soda, juice, beer or what ever you favorite beverage is .. adds to the flavor of the meat.

STLstyle

You better pick up a pork butt or some ribs on your way home!

Sent from my iPhone
DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod
BBQ Guru DigiQ / Raptor Combo

Salmonsmoker

Quote from: STLstyle on December 28, 2012, 09:27:28 AM
You better pick up a pork butt or some ribs on your way home!

Sent from my iPhone

Don't forget to buy some larger pants along with the pork butt and ribs. ;)
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

mikecorn.1

Welcome to the forum! Invest in an instant read thermometer.  Don't worry about the temp swings.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Mike

RedJada

You probably wont like that smoker, you should just bail now and send it to me. LOL, just kidding. You'll love that thing! I feel sorry for your wife though, she has no idea what she has done. Lots of good people here willing to help. Don't be afraid to ask, and don't forget the pictures.  ;D ;D ;D

Ballmiester

This thing looks great found out it was the Jim Beam version when I opened the outer box pretty cool got home to late to season it but its ready will post a pic soon once I figure out how thanks for the info already

SiFumar

Welcome to the forum!  You are getting into a lifestyle that you won't be able to turn back from!  Join in and post pictures of your smokes!  Ask questions...and share what you like.  Remember there are no mistakes here just learning experiences.  We all have "been there and done that"...and it never gets old!

Silvergrizz

Welcome to the forums, enjoy!

Grizz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ballmiester

Want to season it today just wondering with the temp here being 30 and windy will that be a problem

RedJada

Quote from: Ballmiester on December 30, 2012, 07:47:09 AM
Want to season it today just wondering with the temp here being 30 and windy will that be a problem

No problem at all. Go for it! I will be doing a ham shortly and I'm at 26 and a little wind.

KyNola

If there is some way you can sort of block the wind from blowing directly over the top of your Bradley, you will be happier.  Wind blowing across the top can suck the heat right out of your smoker.  The air temp won't be much of a factor.  Don't worry about temp swings you may see.  That's normal.

Now, go roll some smoke!

pokermeister

I put a foil wrapped brick in the bottom of my Bradley to recover temps faster; and if you change the water bowl to a 9x9 cake pan- both fit perfectly.
Life is short, eat the dessert first!

drunknimortal

Stock up on BBQ sauce and some meat rubs for all the things you are going to be cooking.