Smoker Oven will not heat at all

Started by abngourmet, January 01, 2013, 05:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abngourmet

My BDS 6 rack model will not heat up at all (smoking chamber).  I've checked all the wires/plugs, made sure they were in securely, tried turning it on and off, etc, and it will not heat up at all.  The heater element is not glowing at all, either.  I've read some other things here about it, but it doesn't appear that the problems others had for other reasons applies here.  Any suggestions?

Alan

TedEbear

Try bypassing the smoke generator and plugging the tower directly into an outlet and see if the element gets hot.  Did the puck burner get hot when you were having the main element problems or is it a case of no heat, no nothing at all?

pokermeister

Plug smoker directly into wall outlet, and see if element glows. Be careful that temp does not go above 250. If element is working properly, it will reach 250 in 10-15 minutes.
Life is short, eat the dessert first!

Habanero Smoker

Did you get any E errors?

Here are some handy tips that can help you trouble shoot.

Bradley FAQ's

If you plug your cabinet directly into the outlet you will need a desktop computer power cord. If the element glows, the problem is not within the cabinet.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

abngourmet

I tried plugging the tower directly into the wall, and it didn't get hot.  I'm going to try it again tonight to see if it works as I didn't leave it plugged in all that long.  Fuse is fine, the digital controls work fine, the smoke generator works perfectly, all cables were completely pushed in.  I just hope the heating element isn't burned out.

Geoff_S

Don't worry too much if the heating element is burned out. The same thing happened to mine, and it wasn't that expensive and very easy to fit.

Good luck!!