Started by DukeNukeIt, January 03, 2013, 08:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

renoman

I'm glad this got bumped. I have never seen it. Excellent job. You should sell them.

UncleAl

Quarlow

Yeah, I some how don't think the company that sells them already built and also sells the parts he used to build his would appreciate that. LOL.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

TedEbear

Quote from: Quarlow on January 26, 2014, 09:09:50 AM
Yeah, I some how don't think the company that sells them already built and also sells the parts he used to build his would appreciate that. LOL.

Not much they can say about it.  He bought the parts and can freely do whatever he wants with them.  It's his own design, not anything he stole from anyone else. 

hutcho

Not sure building and selling would be very profitable anyway, its gotta cost way more than aubers dual probe.   I'm sure it does a lot more and I like that it looks like something out of a 747. 

I bumped it so I could find it later.  I have dreams of adding a second pid Into my digital.  Just because it "can't" be done :P

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

DukeNukeIt

Not worth the time and cost to build and sell these.  I would have to charge twice the cost of the Auber PID.

hutcho

Does your second pid shut off the elements if the meat temp hits a certain temp? I am considerind adding one at a later date and curious what the benefits are.

TNRockyraccoon

That is sweet! You do great work Duke!

DukeNukeIt

With a bit of wit and little rewiring, yes I could have the second PID turn off the temp, or drop it to a specific preset temperature.  I just have not had the time or inclination to pursue that at this time.  One nice thing about building your own stuff is you can go back and change it anyway you see fit :)

hutcho

Quote from: DukeNukeIt on January 31, 2014, 06:57:35 AM
With a bit of wit and little rewiring, yes I could have the second PID turn off the temp, or drop it to a specific preset temperature.  I just have not had the time or inclination to pursue that at this time.  One nice thing about building your own stuff is you can go back and change it anyway you see fit :)

So does the second pid just monitor the temps then?

DukeNukeIt

The second PID is only for food temp using a separate temperature probe.