Door falling off

Started by hoover, January 05, 2013, 12:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoover

Help,  On New Years day I had 6 racks of ribs in my OBS 4 rack.  When I started to put the sauce on them my last hr the front door fell off the top hinge tipping the smoker towards me.  I have my smoker elevated because I'm in a wheelchair and its easier to get at.  My bottom rack dumbed on my lap, shoes and the ground.  My top 3 shelves I was able to save luckly with only minor burns blocking them with my left arm.  I also washed of the racks that spilled and put them back in.  After a few beers during the Rose Bowl we ate them last and no one new the difference until i told them.  They said I should spill them all the time for how good they were.

My question is Bradley sent me a new door but no pins in it.  How and the hell do you get pins in the new door without taking the door all apart.  I can't believe they don't send the door with the pins in it.  I cant even use the bottom pin as its molded right into the old plastic.

Any help would be appreciated
thx

NePaSmoKer

You need to take the bottom plastic plate off to replace the door pins.

Please call Bradley and they may be able to send you a diagram of a new door install.

In Canada:

Customer Service Toll Free: (866) 508-7514

Phone: (309) 343-1124
Fax: (309) 343-1126
Our Canadian phone lines are open 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CST Monday through Friday

In USA:

Customer Service Toll Free: (866) 508-7514

Local: (309) 343-1124
Fax: (309) 343-1126

Our USA phone lines are open between 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m CST Monday through Friday