E Error (continued)

Started by joebiker, January 08, 2013, 03:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joebiker

I have had my digital 4 rack smoker for about three weeks. I have owned three other smokers in the past but never a digital. I have been having an E error pop up when starting , or as it did yesterday, while smoking a 15 lb. brisket, after a couple of bisquettes, the advance decides to run all of my bisquettes into the pan of water..all 9 of them. I reloaded 4 more only to have 2 1/2 of them again dumped without burning into the pan. I ran another 4 through trying to not ruin the brisket for a lack of smoke this morning only to lose another two. I searched the forum and found the E error adjustment and connection inspection post, took the bottom off on the digital burner only to find that both the motor mount screws are stripped out in the mounting bracket and the motor is loose and unable to be tightened. I assume this is causing at least part of my trouble. Now that I've lost over 15 bisquetttes, I'm positive that the unit is not functional. I have tried the Canadian support phone number only to find out that it's disconnected and ,of course, the offices in the USA are now closed for the day.

Can someone make me feel better about this purchase?
Where there's smoke, there must be food.

pensrock

Bryan from Bradley customer service checks these forums so hopefully it will not be too long till he sees this post. I have only had to call them once and had no problems getting through and getting the problem taken care of. I'm sure they will be able to help you out.

KyNola

Not certain why you posted this in the product recall section but I will forward your post to Brian at Bradley.

I'm sure he will contact you.

Bradley (Head Office)

Hello Joe

All of our customer service calls now run through our USA office their number is 1-866-508-7514
The office hours are 8:00 am - 4:00 pm Central time

If your motor is loose that is definitely what is causing your E error

Please contact our customer service center and they will get you fixed up.
In the mean time can you find a way to tighten the screws or maybe replace them with a slightly larger screw as a temporary fix

Brian.

joebiker

I just talked to USA Support Line and explained my problem. They are sending a new digital burner unit out today (or tomorrow) to solve the problem. Thanks for the help! It is appreciated and support did seem very helpful and concerned about it and wanted to repair the unit ASAP.

That makes me feel like I bought the right brand after all.
Where there's smoke, there must be food.

KyNola

There ya go!

Enjoy your smoker.