Easy Crusty Bread

Started by SiFumar, January 18, 2013, 12:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GusRobin

Ok, I have got to try this.

Here it is all mixed up, wrapped and spending the night on the counter. After I took the picture I realized I should have added the cheese ( I think). So I added some cheddar and mixed it up. Added a tsp of garlic powder cause I like garlic bread. The picture is before I added the cheese and garlic.

After I made it I realized the recipe called for all-purpose unbleached flour. Unfortunately I used bleached. So we will see what happens.

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Keymaster

Ok, I did it. Best dang loaf of bread I ever did make!! I tried to get fancy and criss-cross the top, DON'T do that, all the Japs and cheese have a place to dispurse.

iceman

Ka Honu

Gonna try round 2 tonight/tomorrow with fresh rosemary & garlic ILO the jalapeno & cheese.  If it comes out half as good as round 1, we'll be happy bread-eaters.

Little Bear Game Farm

Great Recipe!  This comes out making you look like a bread genious and it took nothing  ;D  You guys were right, even I couldn't screw it up!

iceman

Quote from: Ka Honu on January 27, 2013, 03:04:30 PM
Gonna try round 2 tonight/tomorrow with fresh rosemary & garlic ILO the jalapeno & cheese.  If it comes out half as good as round 1, we'll be happy bread-eaters.

Careful there buddy or we might have to start calling you "BIG" Ka Honu he he he  ;D  ;D  ::)

OldHickory

Sandy, you have really got this bread thing going, thanks.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

Ka Honu

Quote from: iceman on January 27, 2013, 04:31:54 PM... start calling you "BIG" Ka Honu

The polite ones already do. My doctor calls me "overfed."

GusRobin

Quote from: Ka Honu on January 27, 2013, 06:06:23 PM
Quote from: iceman on January 27, 2013, 04:31:54 PM... start calling you "BIG" Ka Honu

Me? I am not overweight, looking at the official weight/height charts, I am just short for my weight.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

iceman

Quote from: Ka Honu on January 27, 2013, 06:06:23 PM

If I could make food as good as what you pull out of your smoker I'd have a lot more to worry about than the mid drift rum gut I already have.  ;D

cajunboudreaux

You guys are killing me. that looks awesome. I printed it out, now just have to get off my fat butt and try it..
Laissez les bon temps rouler

Gafala

Every one has been talking about this bread so I decided to try it mixed and now standing.

We add some cinnamon & raisins we see how this turns out in the morning.
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

iceman

Round two and three.
JalapeƱo / cheddar  loaf

Basil / rosemary / cheddar loaf

Ka Honu

Jeez, ice, you opening a bakery or what (he asks as his own garlic rosemary "blob" awaits its turn in the oven)?

SiFumar

I'm glad you guys are having so much fun with this bread!  If I knew that, I would have posted it a long time ago!  Lol!  Y'all look like bread bakers for sure!  We finished a loaf of Cheddar/Dill with our Lentil/Ham soup today.  You do know you can make it plain too...right?  I know...not as much fun!   ;D  It's nice you're posting your add in's to give others ideas!