Thank you all :)

Started by ChubbyBadnews, January 09, 2013, 05:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChubbyBadnews

Sorry about the delay in posting the pics.

Blast off!!

Looking good, few hours in.

Spatchcocked chicken after about 5 hrs. Amazing! Not dry even after resting it a while.

Rendering the finished buck brests on a low heat to get that skin crisp. Also amazing!

Pulled chicken.

Left the lamb till the next day. Really should have waited and got my Pestal & Mortor. Meat was lovely but the rub was to coarse :(
Needed to be powder and maybe mixed with a little yogurt.
Next time!

Indian style dry rub on a rack of lamb. Didn't have my pestle & Mortor with me :(

All in all, for our first time I was really impressed with the outcome. Saying that, I learned alot and did make mistakes.
All par of the course, I suppose :)

Next were some ribs I had marinating in some homemade bbq sauce for 2 days. Now these were simply off the chart!!

Pork belly ribs. 2 days marination in homemade bbq sauce.

After about 6 hours. Basting time :)

Made a bit of creamed corn on the fly and tucked in.
My bro and I were kinda speechless for a few seconds. Really, REALLY GOOD!!

Also, I must apologise for the crappy quality of the pic's. They were taken from my phone which is on its last legs :(

Have to bring out a propper camera next time.

Hope you are all well, folks :)
All hail the pig... hom nom nom

viper125

Good luck with your cameras. I had two really good ones and a cheaper one. Guess i wore them out. Got to wait to fix them untill then its all cell phone pics. Lol Your smoking all looks great!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

ChubbyBadnews

Thanks Viper. Looking forward to posting lots of pics in the future.

beefmann

looks like he got the smoking bug

ChubbyBadnews

Yes, yes I do.

Looking forward to getting the cold smoke attachment. Want to heavy smoke some tomatoes so I can blend them in with my homemade bbq sauce.

bigjimak

Depending on just how fine you want the spices, you can get good results with a coffee bean grinder, albeit in fairly small quantities.  A kitchen food processor with a chopping blade may work with larger quantities but I haven't tried it <yet>. <grin>

Racer17

Just a chance to look at your pics. It looks to me you guys are real pros. Everything looks darn tasty.

ChubbyBadnews

Quote from: bigjimak on January 22, 2013, 12:42:11 AM
Depending on just how fine you want the spices, you can get good results with a coffee bean grinder, albeit in fairly small quantities.  A kitchen food processor with a chopping blade may work with larger quantities but I haven't tried it <yet>. <grin>

Very true. On the night I was just too impatient to wait till the next day to get my Pestal & Mortor. Sharp knife usually works but I was using some Fenugreek seeds and they really need to be crushed or ground up.

Patients next time ;)

SiFumar

Looks like you had some really nice meals.

bigjimak

Quote from: SiFumar on January 22, 2013, 05:15:42 PM
Looks like you had some really nice meals.

..and I'll wager no shortage of friends looking for a dinner invitation!! :)