Comparing the Bradley

Started by Kenny, June 26, 2004, 07:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny

Please don't be offended. This is a legitimate question. Has anyone used the Smokin Tex smoker that can point out advantages the Bradley has when compared to it. I had made up my mind to buy the Bradley until seeing the SmokinTex it looks like a very good smoker as well.  Thanks  [8)]

Oldman

NP all questions are welcomed here.

I have not owned that brand. However, I have had a couple direct smokers like that one. They smoke well. However what I like about the Bradley over them is the ease of contol of the smok'in. No ands, ifs, or buts about it. I want to smoke something 4 hours and yet continue to cook the item for another two hours the Bradley is the way to go. Put 12 pucks in the generator, get the heat to where I want it and go have a cold one. I get 4 hours of smok'in not 3 hours 45 minutes, or opps I was busy and it went to 5 hours of smoke. Plus with it I don't have to break down my smoker in order to remove the chips/ pellets/ sawdust so I can continue to finish the cook. I don't have to guess how much to put in the burner to get close to my 4 hours. Either you will be short or having to deal with a hot item when you are long.  Next I don't have to worry about the "yet to be use wood" burning cleanly.

As I said the Smokin Tex style smokers are nice. However, after smok'in foods for close to 44 years now I just cannot see anything else for the home smoker other than the Bradley. Another nice touch is I can mix woods. Say 3 hours with a heavy oak for the bottom end flavor, then finish it up with one hour of Maple to add some sweetness. Trying that with a direct smoker is all but impossible. Especially if I want a total of only 4 hours of smoke.

Now one last point. You want to smoke something at 140 degrees, ya I know everyone says it can be done in a direct smoker, the only smoker to deliever that promise to me has been the Bradley. The reason is the heat of the box is not the burner for the wood.

Good Luck in making your choice!
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Kenny

That's what I was looking for. Experience. Thanks allot for the information. After some checking into it seems the customer service does not have a very good reputation at smokintex before or after the sale. I am now sold on the Bradley due to ease of use and the good reviews on their service. Thanks again

Oldman

Kenny just make sure to get it from Chez Bubba's Place. Or you might just be waiting a few weeks for one.

Chez's house of smoke

He also throws in 48 mix free pucks!
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!