Jim beam bisquettes

Started by D.D., January 24, 2013, 06:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.D.

Has anyone tried these? Good, Bad, Indifferent?? ::)

beefmann

have tried them ,,,like them a lot better then the standard oak

OU812

Quote from: beefmann on January 24, 2013, 06:18:22 PM
have tried them ,,,like them a lot better then the standard oak

What he said,,,,,,,,,,,,,cant find them around here any more

mow_delon

I just used up the last of my box of Jim Beam pucks.  They fine, but I don't know if I can see any difference between them and oak.  They burn just like oak pucks, only partially, in my smoker every time.  That why I don't like them as much, seems like a waste when they only 2/3 burn all the time.

Gafala

I use them when I do sausage's I like the flavor.
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

Habanero Smoker

I generally will use them on brisket and/or chuck, as I do with oak. Right out of the package, the two smell differently, but I can't distinguish much difference after the smoke has been applied. Maybe if I try oak and Jim Beam on chicken, fish or pork, I may be able to tell the difference.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

cackler69

Coincidentally, I used them on my jerky yesterday. MUCH better than the hickory or mesquite IMO. Not overpowering, just right. I'm very pleased with them. They're very hard to find here.

Mrs. C  :-*

Smokeville

I use JB on salmon belly. You have to try it to appreciate the difference over Oak. Also, I used to use Crown Royal, but when that became extinct that's when I moved to JB. Turned out the CR was insipid in comparison.... (and as a Canadian I love rye but not corn).

Rich

Alanfromwis

I have not tried JB bisquettes, & I believe they are from white oak. That is what most whiskey & wine barrels are made from. Red oak is different in color & texture, but don't know about smoke flavor.
Retirement means every day is Saturday except Sunday

DeeDubz - Smokin Bro #1

I am planning to use JB for the first time with bacon next weekend. I will let you know my results!

Tenpoint5

Since the Jim Beam has gone the way of the buffalo around here I have gotten to really like the whisky oak pucks
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Smokeville

JB is great on salmon belly.

Angus

I've been trying to find the JB or whiskey oak pucks but having a hard time. Seems most places are out of stock. The few sites I can find, the prices are super inflated.

Saber 4

I haven't used them but I did see them at Cabela's and I think the price was the same as all the other woods. If you don't live near a Cabela's you can go to their website cabelas.com and order them online, I don't think the shipping would be bad.

Angus

Thanks for the tip. I looked at Bass Pro and Gander but not Cabelas. They had whiskey oak in stock!