Bob Evans

Started by viper125, January 24, 2013, 04:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper125

Well I appreciate all the recipes. Copied to my Vault now. LOL! And promise to try them all.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

BAM1

NEPAland has closed as the Sausage Gnome now lives down the road a ways from the Georgia Dome.
Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID/900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
Traeger Texas model w/Savannah Stoker
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy
KCBS CBJ

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: BAM1 on January 27, 2013, 04:25:17 PM
NEPAland has closed as the Sausage Gnome now lives down the road a ways from the Georgia Dome.

Down from the Georgia Dome Gnomes evil twin.

OU812

All these breakfast sausage recipes floatin around here is makin me hungry  ;D

BAM1

Hey Curt where you been all weekend.  I had to post your breakfast sausage recipe for you to keep you in good standings.
Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy
KCBS CBJ

OU812

Quote from: BAM1 on January 28, 2013, 08:38:58 AM
Hey Curt where you been all weekend.  I had to post your breakfast sausage recipe for you to keep you in good standings.

Processing deer,,,,,,,,,,thanks Brian

viper125

Well they are confusing me. Got OU812's, 10.5, Nepa ,and Nepa smoker.  I'm guessing Nepa and Nepa smoker are the same character.  But now I'm forced to try 4 to see which the wife likes better. So i'll need to break these four down to 1-2 lb recipes to try a small batch of each. Now I'm  not about to be a judge against 4 people I enjoy recipes from. Sure don't want no hard feelings. So I guess the wife will be. LOL! Now do I dare tell any one or do as Nepa Smoker and add to my vault quietly? i may invite a few of my kids to try to. To get a more rounded reply. Of coarse to be a fair judging. I meed to break these measurements into weights and reduce it to by the lb recipes. My friend Kirby helped me there. As we started doing this and them my health got in the way. Will see if i cant get it done though.
Inside setup.

Tenpoint5

Reply on all of them. We is all big boys and can take it
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on January 28, 2013, 09:23:47 AM
Reply on all of them. We is all big boys and can take it

What Chris said

BAM1

Just make full batches of all four as you can't go wrong with any of them.  I'm sure your friends and neighbors will appreciate your efforts.  If you have a really hard time getting rid of any of it I can send you my address.  ;D
Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy
KCBS CBJ

viper125

Well never a question of getting rid of it. Keeping any now that's another story.  :D  But with the economy and my heavy medical bills money is to often the deciding factor these days. And one I haven't gotten use to yet. As I always worked a lot and spent a lot. But we get by.
I will try them all and usually pick one or two really good recipes in each category for my keeper file(vault)  Then move on to find another meat to do. Hope when done to have a great file to pass on some day.  :o :o
Inside setup.

SiFumar

I've tried Bob Evans.....good flavor but very fatty.  Does make great gravy tho!