Recipe:
Brine
·   1 cup kosher coarse salt
·   1 cup brown sugar
·   4 Qt. water 

Brine the chicken for 3 hours, rinsed, then apply (brush)a mixture of:

·   2 tsp garlic granules
·   1 tsp cracked pepper
·   3 Tbsp. EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)

Brushed the chicken all over and under the skin and install a upright turkey or chicken  stand and place in your Bradley, smoke for two hours, cook about 4 hours at no more than 200°F until the internal temp is at least 155°F. I will use Cabalas Rosemary  briquettes but they do have a strong flavor adjust the smoke time to suit, this should give a really nice smoky taste and aroma but you could use any other flavor briquettes.

After the brine and brushed with spices.

Finished ready to eat.

This has been revised from its original posting.

Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

mikecorn.1

Looks good!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Mike

beefmann

SiFumar

Your chicken looks good.  But IMHO keeping a chicken at 200* or less for 6hrs is an invitation for bacteria.  I'm pretty sure the USDA guidelines says no less than 225*  I've cooked many, many chickens in my Bradley the last 2 years and always cook on full heat and always is done in less than 4hrs.  Internal temp should be 165* no less than 160* if you finish to crisp skin in oven, grill or SRG.  Or if foiling for after temp to rise.  I tend to be cautious and not take risks with poultry.

KyNola

Quote from: SiFumar on February 08, 2013, 01:44:26 PM
Your chicken looks good.  But IMHO keeping a chicken at 200* or less for 6hrs is an invitation for bacteria.  I'm pretty sure the USDA guidelines says no less than 225*  I've cooked many, many chickens in my Bradley the last 2 years and always cook on full heat and always is done in less than 4hrs.  Internal temp should be 165* no less than 160* if you finish to crisp skin in oven, grill or SRG.  Or if foiling for after temp to rise.  I tend to be cautious and not take risks with poultry.
I thought the same thing when I read the original post.

Although I am confident I am wrong.

Ribman Mike

This weekend is MY first chicken. Can I ask if the two hours of smoke coincides with the first two hours of cooking? Or is it as you said: smoke, and THEN cook, which would be six hours total.

STLstyle

Smoke at 225 is how I roll.  Then finish at 225 also.  You want to move chicken out of the danger zone to avoid bacteria so cook higher than 200.  Just my 2 cents backed by no actual or factual data...

Sent from my iPhone
DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod
BBQ Guru DigiQ / Raptor Combo

SiFumar

Quote from: Ribman Mike on March 09, 2013, 08:54:28 AM
This weekend is MY first chicken. Can I ask if the two hours of smoke coincides with the first two hours of cooking? Or is it as you said: smoke, and THEN cook, which would be six hours total.

Yes count your 2hrs of smoke as the first 2hrs of your cook.  You should have full heat and vent fully open.  Should be done in less that 4hrs if you're cooking just one chicken.

Ribman Mike

Thanks a bunch. I'm going to cook a chicken, two chicken sausages, and a couple of sea trout. I'll throw them in for the last hour of smoke and the first hour of no smoke cooking. I'll try to get some pix this week!

Ribman Mike

It was a great Smoke! Here's the chicken

Here's the fish: