Wish me luck guys!

Started by KyNola, February 09, 2013, 12:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Tomorrow I begin the quest to make my first sausage and naturally I am going for andouille.  I am going to mix and stuff the sausage tomorrow and allow them to hang in the frig to dry until Monday.  Monday, My new DigiQ and I will attempt the smoking process.

I have put this off for so long because frankly I am really leery about it as my first feeble atempt was a miserable failure.

I figure if I post it on here and tell you all that I am going for it tomorrow I can't back out because you guys will bust me if I back out. ;D

mikecorn.1

Now we won't ;D. Good luck Larry, I'm sure it's gonna turn out great.
Side note: I had some popcorn last night with Jan's rub sprinkled all over it. Mmmmmmm!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Mike

GusRobin

Larry, the fun is in the doing. You'll do fine.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

ragweed

Go for it!  You'll do fine.  In fact, if you go through with your sausage, I'll breakdown and finally post some pics of my feeble attempts.

Good luck!

FLBentRider

I think a certain STC and I still have stuffers... in a box!!!

I think mine has become a table...
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

squirtthecat

Quote from: FLBentRider on February 09, 2013, 06:35:50 PM
I think a certain STC and I still have stuffers... in a box!!!

I finally loaned mine to a hunter at work.   Who loaned it to another coworker!

beefmann

TMB

You can do it!  I use to help my late father make sausage so if I could do it I know you will hit a home run with it
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

Geoff_S

Look at it this way. It's all good ingredients, so if the sausage goes wrong, break it down, stick it in a chilli and start again.

I speak from a little experience and a lot of chilli.

Good luck!!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: KyNola on February 09, 2013, 12:37:25 PM
Tomorrow I begin the quest to make my first sausage and naturally I am going for andouille.  I am going to mix and stuff the sausage tomorrow and allow them to hang in the frig to dry until Monday.  Monday, My new DigiQ and I will attempt the smoking process.

I have put this off for so long because frankly I am really leery about it as my first feeble atempt was a miserable failure.

I figure if I post it on here and tell you all that I am going for it tomorrow I can't back out because you guys will bust me if I back out. ;D

We gotcha back

pensrock

Its a piece of cake Larry. You'll be hooked after the first batch. As long as you have a good recipe it will turn out fine. Heck if I can do it bout anyone can.  ;D
Course my training and a few recipies were handed down from my grandfather & father.

Sailor

You will do fine Larry.  We all have faith in you!

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

KyNola

Meat is mixed and hanging out in the frig until stuffing time.  My first experience with hog casings is they stink and are a pain in the butt to separate.  :) Soaking now.

Will hopefully be able to post a pic of successfully stuffed sausage later. :o