Best Brisket ever

Started by BigSmoker, June 28, 2004, 09:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSmoker

I smoked a 10 lb brisket @ 190 degrees this weekend.  It took almost 24 hrs.  It is so tender you can cut it with a fork.  I found in the bradley that I didn't need to wrap it in foil or baste with a mop sauce.  I would love to hear some other briket ideas.  I've had my (stainless)bradley since Christmas and have never been happier.  I didn't know this place exsisted until recently.  I run a BBQ forum on a independent site.  I don't know the rules here about putting your URL in posts but some other popular forums delete your post if you do so.  I also wanted to know whats in the special blend bis.[:)]

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Fuzzybear

Welcome Bigsmoker!

I'm not sure how it would be handled re: URLS - that's up to the webmasters/admin folk - you'll find out just as soon as Chez gets back from vacation.

The "special blend" is "the hot dog" of the pucks per Chez - 40% Alder and 60% a mix mash of other mild woods....it's a secret from Bradley so we don't know for sure what other woods are in there!

There is another post re: briskets and if you type the word in the search mode, it will come up...

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Glendora, CA - USA!

MallardWacker

Big Smoke,

Welcome to the forum.  Great to hear about your brisket.  That is the only thing I haven't tried yet do to fact of the baisting thing.  The Bradley doesn't lend itself very well to opening the door.  I think we would all be interested in your other forum.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Bassman

Welcome Jeff,
Someone once said that the special blend bisquettes are the hot dog of the pucks. In other words there is a little bit of everything in them. I don't know about the rules of this forum either but I would be intrested in your forum. If you would go to my profile and e-mail me the URL I would appreciate it.The administrator for this forum is on vacation catching huge salmon, so it might be a good idea to wait before posting it on this forum.[:D]

I've never made a brisket but love to smoke Butts.

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

BigSmoker

I got the recipe off one of the bis. cards.  The only thing I didn't do was use mustard.  Thanks for the info on the special blend.  I had not seen it anywhere.

Jeff

Oldman

I don't see why a link to a BBQ/ smoker forum would be a problem if it is a true <b>independent site.</b> Then it has no advertisers and does not sell stuff.

Besides we are bradley smokers. We like talking and sharing with others Bradley folks. I personally would not have much in common with a drum, or bomb smokers other than recipes. I just cannot see going to another site and stop posting here. The up side is when someone post that he/ she is looking for a new smoker and wants ideas. Let's face it--everyone goes to other forums to find out things.

Now if BigSmokers site sell equipment or has links to suggested equipment then that is a different story.

However, this is just my opinion and not management's

Olds.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

BigSmoker

When I say independant I mean I endorse no one particular product.  Some people get very defensive about their grills and smokers.  Of course I feel my BS smokes better than anything I've ever seen.  There are ads on the site endorsing other products and Bradley is one of them.  Thats why I thought about seeing if they had a forum and I'm glad they did.  Regards BigSmoker

Jeff