Dual Auber question

Started by steveshep8676, February 24, 2013, 09:30:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveshep8676

I have a Bradley four rack digital smoker and Im using a dual probe Auber, I have mastered how to program the Auber and thats all ok but when I set the smoker to kick in it doent power up the Bradley smoker. I watched it and the LED on the Bradley flashes for a second when the Auber sends a signal to the smoker but it doesnt power it up, is this normal? I am having to manualy press the top left button on the Bradley control pannel to start the smoke. I have tried powering the smoker up before I set up the program on the Auber but theres no power to the Bradley until the Auber is up and running. Would another power lead sort out this problem?

Indy Smoker

I have the same setup and have a separate power lead (computer power cord) to run the smoke generator separately . My understanding is that was the way it works best with the digital setup. I haven't had an issue with it setup this way. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steveshep8676

thanks for that I'll give it a try next time I use it.

rexster

With a digital Bradley, the generator has to be plugged directly in a power source, not the PID
Stainless 4 rack Bradley
6 Rack DBS w/second heat element
Auber PID
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
Jenn-Air 75000 btu gas grill w/sear burner
Weber Performer charcoal grill
Portable Kitchen All Aluminum Charcoal Grill
2 MES 40" smokers
PK360 Grill
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer

paulsnapp

Rexter is correct.  If you plug the SG into the PID and program the PID to power the smoker it will send power to the SG when it is supposed to.  But, when power is sent to the digital SG the front panel will illuminate and a beep will be heard, you will still have to press the start button and set the time on the smoke to get it to start.  I plug my SG directly to the electrical outlet and not the PID for this reason.
Bradley 4 Rack Digital Smoker
Auber Dual Probe PID Controller
Second Heating Element Mod
Smoke and Stuff Fan Mod

steveshep8676

Thanks for your help, what I was trying to do then isnt possible. I was trying to get the PID to start the SG which isnt possible unless you manuallypress the start button on the SG. I guess from what your saying is that its best to ignore the R1 and R2 smoke settings on the PID and program the DSG seperately other wise I would have to be home to start the SG using the PID?

rexster

Yep Digital smokers can't use the R1 and R2 settings because you have to manually push the start button on the generator. Most of the time I set a lower temp on the Auber for the amount of time I want smoke, then when the time is up for the first stage I have a second stage set for a higher cook temp for the meat I'm smoking till it gets done using the meat probe of the Auber
Stainless 4 rack Bradley
6 Rack DBS w/second heat element
Auber PID
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
Jenn-Air 75000 btu gas grill w/sear burner
Weber Performer charcoal grill
Portable Kitchen All Aluminum Charcoal Grill
2 MES 40" smokers
PK360 Grill
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer