Hi Fellow Smokers

Started by Tulla, February 28, 2013, 03:26:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tulla

anyway i have just unpacked my first two cures and to my surprise they are spot on, i really could eat them as they are, however the smoker gets its first true workout tomorrow. So far so good.

Tulla

Thanks Nepasmoker, i have finally managed to get photobucket sorted but now i have no idea how to get photos on here, all i can seem to do is get the link, i am obviously missing something plainly obvious ;D

Habanero Smoker

If you are using the New Version of Photobucket, I haven't had a chance to explore it much. These are the steps I take.

1- You need to hover you mouse over the picture you want to post.
2- Click on the gear icon that appears in the upper right corner of the picture.
3- Click on "Select Link"
4- From the menu click on "IMG CODES"; you will next see the message "Copied"
5- On this Forum, place the cursor where you want to insert the picture and use "Ctrl"  + "V" on your keyboard, or right click your mouse and click on paste. Both methods will insert the proper codes so that your picture will be displayed.
6- To view how the picture looks click the preview button, before you post your message.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Tulla

Well here they are, set and ready for the smoker.

Thanks again Habanero your help is much appreciated.

HSC5690

Waltz

Your Bacon looks like the real thing  :)

Tulla

Ha ha thanks waltz, it tasted ok too. In truth a little salty but hey ho i will learn from the experience.
A big thank you to all those that helped me to get this far, i am gradually getting my head around the basics.....even Mrs sceptical had a bacon sarnie for breakfast yesterday  :o

Big_George

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on March 01, 2013, 01:50:20 AM
Hi Tulla;

Welcome to the forum.

You may want to take a look at the The Sausage Making Store. They can supply you with almost anything you need. I was surprised to see that they sold Cure # & #2.

They also have a great forum Sausage Making Forum

I agree the Sausage making forum is a great place to check out recipes and techniques. 

Welcome and happy smoking  ;D ;D ;D
The sausage is hanging and the butt is brining
1 Bradley BTDS 6 rack
1 Sausage Maker Propane 6 rack
1 Char Broil off-Set smoker
1 La Caja China #2 Roasting box
1 Lynx 42 inch BBQ

Tulla

Hi to all once again, ok so i am now a little bit more experienced with my smoker and have done so much in the past 10 months or so. The best has to be the forerib i done, absolute heaven !!.
Got 4 loins in being cured as i type, bacon time again.
Would just like to say that without peoples help here and the endless info this forum makes available to us all, i would not have reached the "comfortable" zone i feel i have reached when smoking stuff.
A big thank you to you all.

Saber 4

Glad your enjoying your Bradley and having successful smokes, don't be a stranger we'd love to see what you're doing across the pond.

ragweed

Welcome back, glad you're having fun!  As Saber 4 said, we'd love to see what's smokin' across the pond.

Tulla

I will try and keep my nose in here and let you know when i make something worth crowing about. I have 4 loins waiting to hit the smoke been curing for about 10 days now, weather is no good to get out there and fire the bradley up.