Fresh Pork Country Sausage Making 101

Started by iceman, May 01, 2006, 01:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceman

Pork Country Sausage

Just thought I'd try a step by step recipe. Let me know what you guys think. The recipe is on the Bradley recipe site.http://susan.rminor.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217

Get all your spices assembled along with you measuring spoons, cups, etc.

Measure and mix everthing throughly. I'm making enough for 15 pounds of sausage.

This is a 15 pound boneless butt roast with a good amount of fat in it.

Slice the roast up into about one inch slabs.

Cut the slabs up into one inch cubes.

Put the cubed pork into a meat mixer or large bowl and sprinkle with the spices.

Mix up throughly and cool the mixture back down before grinding.

Run the cubed pork through a grinder fitted with an 1/8" plate. Make sure the meat stays very cold so it doesn't smear.

It should come out of the grinder in coarse threads without clumping up.

Now your ready to taste some and adjust seasoning if need be.

Fry some up and let it sit a minute or two.

Give it a taste then bag up the rest, vacum seal and freeze.

Oldman

The sauage is ok ... but the toys are nicer  ;D

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Habanero Smoker

That recipe lookes good. How much cayenne pepper would you need to make it a hot breakfast sausage?

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

iceman

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on May 02, 2006, 05:10:04 AM
That recipe looks good. How much cayenne pepper would you need to make it a hot breakfast sausage?
If you like it hotter try this Hab. Delete 1 teaspoon salt, add 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper and 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning. I grind up the crushed red pepper to a powder so it melds better in the meat. It also stuffs into casing very nice if you prefer links. The reason for deleting the salt is because Cajun seasoning contains a lot of it already. Have fun.