From He who doesn't bake......

Started by SiFumar, March 14, 2013, 08:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SiFumar

.....or cook(he's learning) or grill(he's learning) or smoke(he's learning) lol,  So he got Sonny's starter done all by his self.  Not real good at the documenting part(as y'all know  ;D) but did get a few pics....

classicrockgriller

I say "He who Can't" just Did!

Pat him on the back for me and tell Him . . .

GREAT JOB!

Looking forward to the bread he makes.

SiFumar

Me too!  I wanted to get more pictures but he didn't want me hovering around him doing it,  I think he thought I'd take over! LOL(It has been hard to let him go in my kitchen) ;D

OU812

Atta Boy  ;D

Now its your turn to sit back and watch Sandy  :o

SiFumar

So last night the starter was fed and this morning it looks like this:

This is the dough rising.  Used half.

Made one into a loaf and he wanted to make cinnamon rolls with other half:

Then he wanted to add raisins:

Rollin up:

It's on the 2nd rise now.  I didn't supervise him cutting the rolls so it was pretty ugly lol.  Will post after the baking.

classicrockgriller

Attaboy "He who can't".

Looking forward to the winning bread pics.

SiFumar

Smokin Soon

I would say that hubby of yours might have just new hobby. Looks pretty good from here.

SiFumar

Thanks Smoking Soon! I sure hope so!  He has ADHD lol and he don't stay on somthing to long.... but he sure is enjoying this bread stuff.  I bought the Bradley 2 years ago for him thinking he'd retire. Nope.. hung on 2 fricken years...retired end of last month. 

Tenpoint5

Quote from: SiFumar on March 16, 2013, 09:31:42 PM
Thanks Smoking Soon! I sure hope so!  He has ADHD lol and he don't stay on somthing to long.... but he sure is enjoying this bread stuff.  I bought the Bradley 2 years ago for him thinking he'd retire. Nope.. hung on 2 fricken years...retired end of last month.

It's all good now! Of course you'll be getting him a job as a wally world greeter in a couple of months. Just to get some peace and quiet for yourself :o ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

Lookin gooood!!

A couple more cooks and youll be able to leave him alone in the kitchin  ;D

CDN Smoker

Turned out very well from what I can see
Just trying to be a better Smoker

SiFumar

Today's dough was an experiment....He wanted to add less sugar to the the recipe so it was cut by half.  Then made into rolls...which were still delicious and worked well with half the sugar.  The other half of dough was made into rolls also but put on a baking pan until frozen and put in a ziplock.  We wanted to see how that worked with this dough.  We plan to just take out and let rise then bake.  Will let you know how that works.

Will someone PLEASE let me know how to downsize these fricken pics in PhotoBucket!