Dry Cured Hot Salami

Started by Mr Walleye, March 30, 2013, 11:11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devo

Thanks for the birthday wishes.
Cure #1 and cure #2 are not interchangeable so make sure you order the right stuff.

http://www.sausagemaker.com/11250instacureand153no28oz.aspx

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: SmokinSignals on May 18, 2013, 01:55:03 PM
I was just looking at their site when I came back to check in here at the forum.  Great minds think alike, or was it  a mind is a terrible thing?  Thanks for the insight Habs ordering as we speak.

Glad to see you well on your way. If you didn't notice while ordering the Bactoferm, there is a link to a PDF file on use and storage or each culture.

The link that Devo provided is correct, but the listed ingredients is wrong. The amount of sodium nitrate should be 4%. The cure that you have as long as it states it is Modern Cure #2, it is the same as Cure #2. If the number is not listed look at the ingredients and it should be 89.75% salt, and 6.25% sodium nitrite, and 4% sodium nitrate, also an anticaking ingredient may be listed at the end.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

SmokinSignals

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on May 19, 2013, 01:55:17 AM
Quote from: SmokinSignals on May 18, 2013, 01:55:03 PM
I was just looking at their site when I came back to check in here at the forum.  Great minds think alike, or was it  a mind is a terrible thing?  Thanks for the insight Habs ordering as we speak.

Glad to see you well on your way. If you didn't notice while ordering the Bactoferm, there is a link to a PDF file on use and storage or each culture.

The link that Devo provided is correct, but the listed ingredients is wrong. The amount of sodium nitrate should be 4%. The cure that you have as long as it states it is Modern Cure #2, it is the same as Cure #2. If the number is not listed look at the ingredients and it should be 89.75% salt, and 6.25% sodium nitrite, and 4% sodium nitrate, also an anticaking ingredient may be listed at the end.
That is very helpful info.  My cure just says Modern Cure on the front without the #2 in place.  I will check the make up when I return home to insure it is correct.  Thanks once again.

carnie1

Looks fantastic Mike !!! Wish I could do dry cure here on the road !! Casper almost grabbed my phone when I showed him !