The All New Bradley Bread Proofer (BBPS108P)

Started by classicrockgriller, February 27, 2013, 05:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

MT-ED

Dan nab it Classic......I went and slobbered all over my keyboard!!!!! Sure would like to make a pulled pork sammich with some 'o that bread....MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm!

Quarlow

Let me guess, you had one still in it's box. LOL
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

CaptainCanuk

Hi all,
Although I am a newbie to Bradley Smokers, I have been making bread for years.
I have bought the Bradley 4 shelf digital smoker to use as a proofer. This was a fantastic idea!
I was wondering if it would be ok (from the manufacturers point of view) to use the smoker indoors as a proofer only.

I ask only because in large letters on the outside of the box it says for outdoor use only.

Looking forward to my first batch of bread from the 'Bradley Proofer',
Captain Canuk

KyNola

I am not speaking on behalf of the Company but as long as you don't have any wood burning nor any fat in the tower, it should be safe to use the Bradley in the house as a bread proofer as the heat required to proof bread is quite low.  The admonishment to not use the Bradley in the house is to prevent a possible house fire by the Bradley igniting grease in the tower and starting a fire.

This is my personal opinion and in no way relfects the opinion of the good folks at Bradley.

pensrock

proofer looks great but I want some of the bread! not the starter, I'm no baker just some bread. LOL
That really is a great idea you have there, nice going.  :)

classicrockgriller

Quote from: CaptainCanuk on April 13, 2013, 07:46:40 AM
Hi all,
Although I am a newbie to Bradley Smokers, I have been making bread for years.
I have bought the Bradley 4 shelf digital smoker to use as a proofer. This was a fantastic idea!
I was wondering if it would be ok (from the manufacturers point of view) to use the smoker indoors as a proofer only.

I ask only because in large letters on the outside of the box it says for outdoor use only.

Looking forward to my first batch of bread from the 'Bradley Proofer',
Captain Canuk

I have mine in the kitchen. I do control it with a pid but only to keep

the temp constant and low. The highest It gets is if I use it as a food

warmer holder and that temp is 150*.

Most of the time it is at around 90*.

My sis liked mine so much she bought a new OBS and a pid

for her bread making.