A few questions from a newbie

Started by DelcoSol, February 23, 2013, 10:54:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DelcoSol

Well guys smoker is on the way along with some bisquette savers and a dual probe PID. Now I just have to season it and decide what I want to smoke first..  ;)

mikecorn.1

Quote from: DelcoSol on February 26, 2013, 04:17:31 PM
Well guys smoker is on the way along with some bisquette savers and a dual probe PID. Now I just have to season it and decide what I want to smoke first..  ;)
Are you replacing or adding heat elements?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Mike

DelcoSol

No just going to see how the stock unit works first. If I need to add more I will later.

beefmann

congrats on the smoker  take your time on making decisions

pokermeister

From someone that has used a NOBS (new original Bradley smoker, with smoke on front) over 50 times since last July, I still use an unmodified Bradley. The drip pan has been replaced w/ 9x9 cake pan, and a foil wrapped brick in the bottom acts like a heat sink to retain heat. Heat recovery for me is only in 5 minute range. I don't cook above 225 and Bradley has no problem, even smoking 4 butts at one time. Maybe I'll upgrade to a PID and extra element after the warranty, but right now I'm very happy. A couple of other purchases- Bubba pucks have been mentioned, and get frog mats (plastic non-stick mats) to make cleanup very easy. Start a smoking log from your very 1st smoke, so you can duplicate results. You don't have to modify the Bradley to get great results. Others will be posting more opinions  ;)
Life is short, eat the dessert first!

KyNola

DelcoSol

Smoker came today. I will asemble now. Still waiting on the wood and PID though so I can't even season it et  >:(

mikecorn.1

Mike

DelcoSol

Smoker is seasoning as we speak. I also got the PID today and am a little intimidated about programing it. Is it as hard as it seems? Smoker got up to about 210 fairly quickly and its about 32* here in PA. May have some plans for some ribs tomorrow.. 8)