BuzzKill !!

Started by Scooter, July 01, 2004, 02:31:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scooter

Hello everyone,
  I have watched this forum for awhile now and being a huge fan of the BBQ i decided I had to have a Bradley Smoker because everyone here says its so great.  So I ordered it on June 18th and ran home from work every day to check to see if my new toy had arrived.  Well it showed up on the 30th just in time for my favorite and most beloved holiday July 4th.  So like a kid on Xmas day I opened up the smoker box and carefully removed everything deciding that tonight was going to be the night to put it together and cure the pit.  I found the instructions and with a huge smile on my face opened them up to read all the great BBQ knowledge Bradley Smoker could bestow on me and IT WAS ALL IN FRENCH!!!!!  AHHHHHHH
  So does anyone have any directions in English?  You would make this non French or Spanish speaking American a very happy guy.
     Thanks much
     Scooter

BigSmoker

scooter,
I live in GA. and have no idea what time it is in your part of the world but you obv. live in the USA.  I think I have instructions.  I'll give it 10 min and wait to hear from you.
P.S.  You can also download the manual in english from home page.  Look for downloads in menu bar.  Just tried it works great. Will hang around for a little bit just in case.

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

GravyTrain

Hey There!
I just got mine yesterday and am going through the Seasoning Process right now! I am more than 1/2 way done to be ready for this weekend!
Can not wait!
AnyWAY!...You can download the PDF files here online!
Check out the Downloads link above in the title area of this
web page...I hust saw it there!
I got both versions (french and English)

Have fun!

banzai

and yes ladies and genltmen finnaly my Bradley has arrived!!!! i cured it and already smoked a couple steaks in it. they were great!! gotta say not happy with the little cookbook that came with it. doesnt say much. would like to get an insite on what woods taste the best with which meat. if anyone could give me that info i would be very greatfull. gonna check the strands on here but for some reason i cant seem to find alot of them. i have a Mac and i think that could be it. nice to finnaly be on the smoker wagon!! have a great one....."E"

BrentK

banzai,

Most of the bradley woods you buy will come with recipe cards in each pack.  Also I'm sure your going to find that most of the folks here will tell you that what wood you use is a personal preference.  I find that hickory is pretty good on beef but to harsh for pork.  I mostly use maple and apple and alder they are a sweeter wood.  But now that your bradley has arrived you should stock up your library.  "Smoke & Spice" is a must have....I also have "Paul Kirk's Championship BBQ" and "Where Theres Smoke Theres Flavor"  bought them all on Amazon for under $30 (used).  Some guys alternate between woods during the smoke process.  

Have a GREAT weekend![8D]

BrentK
Grand Forks, ND

BrentK

banzai,

Most of the bradley woods you buy will come with recipe cards in each pack.  Also I'm sure your going to find that most of the folks here will tell you that what wood you use is a personal preference.  I find that hickory is pretty good on beef but to harsh for pork.  I mostly use maple and apple and alder they are a sweeter wood.  But now that your bradley has arrived you should stock up your library.  "Smoke & Spice" is a must have....I also have "Paul Kirk's Championship BBQ" and "Where Theres Smoke Theres Flavor"  bought them all on Amazon for under $30 (used).  Some guys alternate between woods during the smoke process.  

Have a GREAT weekend![8D]

BrentK
Grand Forks, ND

ChefJeff

E-You MUST get Smoke & Spice and a Thermometer (does not have to be remote)Oak is a great  wood.[8D][:D]

SMOKIN & SPOKEN

MallardWacker

Looks like we have a new batch of green horns. COOL!  Welcome everyone to the forum.  Hay, you got it right on the small booklet, it really doesn't have much.  You nice folks will find out that the forum will probably be your best place for information.  I know the threads get a bit fragmented sometimes and it may be hard to find the info you need but just ask the question.  Alot of us don't mind putting our two cents worth - as you will soon find out.  

Oh' ya, my favorite recipe that comes with the wood pucks is: "Smoked Moose Heart".  Being from Arkansas this really makes my heart sing with glee.  I can't make my mind up for the fourth, Moose Heart or Road Kill Racoon?

Jeff is correct, get yourself a remote thermometer.

Everyone have a great Holiday and good luck with your new smokers...

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

BrentK

Hey.......I think that was a slap[^][:D]

You guys in Arkansas REALLY know how to dine!!!

BrentK
Grand Forks, ND

Fuzzybear

Congrats BrentK on getting your smoker!!!

Have a great time smoking!

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Glendora, CA - USA!

Scooter

Thanks For the info guys.  Sorry I did not catch you last night I made the post then went to go play with the smoker.  Going to season it later.  Im downloading the English instructions now.  I've got to say this is a really great place for BBQ info and the people seem to be really nice.  
  Thanks again
  Scooter