Who here has added a circulation fan to their smoker....

Started by Oldman, May 07, 2006, 05:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

owrstrich

not me olds... the bs would not fit in its hole if i added one... tight clearence...

i can say that if i wernt mobile i would had added a fan last year after seeing your fan post on this forum...

you gotta eat...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

headgames

I added a fan under the recomendations of your previous posts.  ordered it from graingers. had to extend the drive spindle it was too short to extend through the wall of the bradley . but use it every time I smoke . have a lot less over cooking near the back where the element is  . I AM GLAD I INSTALLED MINE

had to snip 1 wire from the center of each rack on both sides to keep from touching the spinning blade (INSTALL ERROR ON  MY PART LOL )

have currently starting using my old converted freezer again. installed it in the garage ,vented the smoke outside, use the bradley to generate the smoke . Have a 1650 watt element from my original brinkman and my digital ts I built , installing a fan soon in that .........  just dont get the results I desire on my Venison summer sausage and snack sticks unless I hang them . My bradley I laid them on the racks and rotated
If ya go home hungry ........ You were at the wrong House!!

dick621

I put one in as well.  Also goofed on locating.  Had to take a notch out of one rack for the bottom slot as the fan is right there.  Am going to see about possibly having a custom made rack just for the bottom as the notch weakened the rack considerably.  Either that or relocate the fan.  Thats what I get for not paying attention to details.              Dick
Dick in Emmett, Idaho

nsxbill

Well, it is true the road to hell is paved with good intentions.  I plan on installing fans in both of mine.  Just haven't had time to do it yet!

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

gary_CO

Have not, but would like to. I guessed I missed the posts, but not sure which one to try. Grainger?

Oldman

QuoteHave not, but would like to. I guessed I missed the posts, but not sure which one to try. Grainger?

Gary I opened up a private thread concerning this item and it is now public on the recipe site. Unlike the recipes that cannot be posted to I have this thread open and you if you post your questions/ thoughts there then others will be able to learn from you as well.

Fan

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!